This sounds stupid, but I'm serious

Hi everyone,

As the subject says, this sounds stupid, but I am serious. Basically, I have been looking to learn how to script for a long time now. I have checked out so many tutorials and none of it seems to sink in. I'm the sort of person that learns through somebody teaching me, rather than me reading trough a book or through tutorials. Anyway, I'm looking for a scripter who is willing to dedicate some time to teaching me how to script. I realise it's a long journey, but I think that with a little time to start me off, I can find my own way. I can't be offering money for this, I'm looking for a kind hearted person that is willing to help a member of the community out. Please don't send me links to any tutorials as they don't help, but thanks anyway. If you feel nice, and are prepared to put in a little time and patience with me, then please send me a forum PM, and I'll be ever so grateful. I'm not expecting anyone to help me, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's worth a try.

Regards,

jonesyrhys96

How doesn't wiki.sa-mp.com help you ?, it helped everyone around here...

It's not a long journey. They are just some variables and functions around here and there.

Thats strange because every scripter here learned scripting from samp wiki. If you read it and try it then you can learn scripting.

I learned Beginning from wiki dude
if u want learn that means You Dont Concentrate What You DO
You Just Copy And Paste

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMER_PS2
Посмотреть сообщение
I learned Beginning from wiki dude
if u want learn that means You Dont Concentrate What You DO
You Just Copy And Paste
I personally learned the basic of scripting by just copy pasting, and once day I decided to check what are those functions what those are doing, and what are the bugs that may occur by doing so so and that or this.
I only visit Wiki for ID's, such as weapon ids, pickup types etc...
Now I don't copy paste anymore, I just try and make my owns, and till now, since in 2009 I stopped copy pasting, I now do scripts out of what I know so far.

Zh3r0 thats why you have a great result, You have 210 reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh3r0
Посмотреть сообщение
I personally learned the basic of scripting by just copy pasting, and once day I decided to check what are those functions what those are doing, and what are the bugs that may occur by doing so so and that or this.
I only visit Wiki for ID's, such as weapon ids, pickup types etc...
Now I don't copy paste anymore, I just try and make my owns, and till now, since in 2009 I stopped copy pasting, I now do scripts out of what I know so far.
yae u have 210 reputation cuz of that

Because Of ... Look On His Sig <.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjay
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats strange because every scripter here learned scripting from samp wiki. If you read it and try it then you can learn scripting.
Well, not every. Me, for example, i used a LARP copy and began changing random stuff in the script, looking for what happened. And then, i decided what i want to archieve, and edit the code with my experience, so as a result the code does more or less what i wanted. Wikis are only a source of ID's, Interiour Poistions ect, But for Functions i never used it. And thats what i can recommend to the Threads author, if he cant learn with a Tutorial - just use Trial and Error, and someday you'll find out what you are actually doing, and you will be able to read pawncodes just as if you read a book.