[ASK] GMX Problems

Alright, before I start, note that I have used crashdetect and the logs gave me nothing.

Recently my gamemode's experiencing something weird. Every time I used /rcon gmx to restart the server, it will restart but unable to start the gamemode back, crashes, and I have to start it manually.

Is there any parts of my gamemode's script that has to be checked prior to this problem?

And also, I've been noticing some servers able to restart their servers without "kicking" the players. The players will be able to move around and then will be asked to authenticate the ID. Can somebody explain how is the method of scripting a feature like this?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem before, then i started using /rcon exit, and Restart it Manually

For the first question, I can't say much. It might be a corrupted plugin or something like that.

For the second: I think they don't use gmx, so OnGameModeExit won't get called, they just clear everything (player variables, etc) and don't process any data while "restart" is being done. After that, they might call OnPlayerConnect for all connected players, or just show the "authentication" dialog, then the script continues running normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATAD
Посмотреть сообщение
I had the same problem before, then i started using /rcon exit, and Restart it Manually
That's what I'm doing right now actually, but this really sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoczkaHUN
Посмотреть сообщение
For the first question, I can't say much. It might be a corrupted plugin or something like that.

For the second: I think they don't use gmx, so OnGameModeExit won't get called, they just clear everything (player variables, etc) and don't process any data while "restart" is being done. After that, they might call OnPlayerConnect for all connected players, or just show the "authentication" dialog, then the script continues running normal.
Perhaps so, I'll try to reupload the plugins.
Second, might be like that, or there's any other way of emulating a server restart that really "restarts".

Thanks for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagram
Посмотреть сообщение
Alright, before I start, note that I have used crashdetect and the logs gave me nothing.
I've been noticing some servers able to restart their servers without "kicking" the players. The players will be able to move around and then will be asked to authenticate the ID. Can somebody explain how is the method of scripting a feature like this?
This is achieved by crashing the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
This is achieved by crashing the server.
And how, may I ask?

I think one way is to open a file that doesn't exist. Could be read/write also though.

GOD DAMN POST LIMIT IS SO ANNOYING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
I think one way is to open a file that doesn't exist. Could be read/write also though.

GOD DAMN POST LIMIT IS SO ANNOYING
Which means that you need to have a server configuration (either a .bat file or something) to auto-restart the server when it's down, right?

Well I had an in-game command, but I'm not sure how you'd do it remotely. I think they just end the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I had an in-game command, but I'm not sure how you'd do it remotely. I think they just end the process.
Actually I do need an in-game command. Mind sharing the code?

I no longer have it, but this may work:

fopen("", io_read);

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
I no longer have it, but this may work:

fopen("", io_read);
Will try that. Thanks!
Now we're back with the first question.

Can you post your server.cfg gamemode line(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you post your server.cfg gamemode line(s)?
Here.
Код:
echo Executing Server Config...
lanmode 0
rcon_password asd123456asd
maxplayers 21
port 7786
hostname Test Server
gamemode0 race2 1
filterscripts
announce 0
query 1
maxnpc 1
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000
plugins Whirlpool.so streamer.so filemanager.so sscanf.so crashdetect.so
Plugins are Y_Less's Whirlpool, Incognito streamer, JaTochNietDan's FileManager, Y_Less's SSCANF2 and Zeex's crashdetect.

Why is the filterscripts line empty? Try removing that. Also please post (PASTEBIN if it's too big.) your gamemode init/exit callbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Why is the filterscripts line empty? Try removing that. Also please post (PASTEBIN if it's too big.) your gamemode init/exit callbacks.
Here. Valid only for 10 minutes anyway.
http://pastebin.com/uqUKTM0p

Could you re-post it? I had to go do something.

There.
http://pastebin.com/swDQZ7z6

Not sure, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Not sure, sorry.
Okay, thanks for the help.