SA-MP 0.3c R3/R4/R5 server update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
To test it!, and risk what? I believe if any of those servers even shut down for a week, by the time they re-open they'll be almost / full again.

It's almost the same as a public beta... if you think of it in a way..
Risk PLAYERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
Risk PLAYERS!
Maybe if it was one of the little servers some people run then it would be a big "risk"

You must test something that is unstable to fix it right!? if they lose players isn't it better them then the other 4000 servers AROUND?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
Pretty funny, those 4 servers have been around since 2007? the most.

I fear they wouldn't even care to lose 100 players, why? ALOT more will just join!

Maybe Kalcor just doesn't have the time or something to make a public beta !?

Maybe if it was one of the little servers some people run then it would be a big "risk"

You must test something that is unstable to fix it right!? if they lose players isn't it better them then the other 4000 servers AROUND?
We don't need to start an argument about this. I was just pointing out that your first post made no sense. -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
Pretty funny, those 4 servers have been around since 2007? the most.

I fear they wouldn't even care to lose 100 players, why? ALOT more will just join!

Maybe Kalcor just doesn't have the time or something to make a public beta !?

If Kalcor has time to code this project, he most likely has time to launch a public beta.

I fear they would care to lose 100 players, 100 players is a very high amount, nobody wants to bug his server, and it's stupid to bug your server just to test (even if you have a high amount of players), knowing it's unstable as Schurman said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskoft
Посмотреть сообщение
If Kalcor has time to code this project, he most likely has time to launch a public beta.

I fear they would care to lose 100 players, 100 players is a very high amount, nobody wants to bug his server, and it's stupid to bug your server just to test (even if you have a high amount of players), knowing it's unstable as Schurman said.
So what are you saying, he won't release R6? hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
The question is why LS-RP have already the R6 version?

LS-RP Have that version because they are being used by SA:MP to test the new version with a high player count before it is released for everyone else.

To the people above, obviously it's not unstable in a way that would lose players.
Probably just tests and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
Why do you think he would make an update and not release it?

Just wait, it'll be released when it's ready.

But still a little bit of communication from developers wouldn't hurt, maybe a ******* feed or ******** page or some updates on the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
Why do you keep asking this? You've made countless threads about it.
Because it's majorly important and it seems not to get enough attention past the few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablosrouge
Посмотреть сообщение
Is there going to be a potential fix for the reload bug issue on R5/R6 or do we have to wait half an year to get 0.4 with that bug fixed? OR, do we have to go back to 0.3b to actually be able to play DeathMatch decently?
This one is clearly urgent and has been reported for months.

Let me remind u some of us DMers have reported that FPS bug and it got fixed on the next "Release (R3)" and it turned out pretty good. Can't u fix this one too asap?
DMers scene is forgoten by SA-MP devs. I mean SA-MP was released in 2006, in almost 5 years shooting sync was improved like one time, and it's never been perfect like in MTA/CS/CoD or any other multiplayer, it looks like they don't realy care about it. They never bothered to fix it so you see where i am going with this. I know how to shoot and all of that, but it's not fun shooting at air or direction where player is running.

I'm not telling them to fix the vectors sync. I'm asking them to fix the reload bug that appeared in 0.3c. The hitboxes should stay as they are cuz it's what makes this mod unique. Those who can't get along with it, practice a bit more.
(btw I just noticed the post count isn't updating).

Good job man

btw i guess its time to update the sa-mp.com download page with it by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry jiggy
Посмотреть сообщение
Good job man

btw i guess its time to update the sa-mp.com download page with it by now?
It's not finished yet.

This is hawt. I'll be converting right now.

Hi

Sorry for the question but OnOccupiedVehicleUpdate is called, when a player moves a driverless car ? I have a SendClientMessage in this callback, but when I move/push a car, theres no text in the chatbox. I use the R5 Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not finished yet.
I hope they are going to do something against cleo mods -.-. This mods are really bad for servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NeS]Justin
Посмотреть сообщение
I hope they are going to do something against cleo mods -.-. This mods are really bad for servers.
indeed

Hey guys,

yesterday some cheater connected to our server but we couldnt see them in player list. So my question is if its possible for cheater to connect a player with NPC stats? Maybe it is a new security problem so i thought its better to report it here.

greetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NeS]Justin
View Post
Hey guys,

yesterday some cheater connected to our server but we couldnt see them in player list. So my question is if its possible for cheater to connect a player with NPC stats? Maybe it is a new security problem so i thought its better to report it here.

greetz
yes everyone can do it, you have to set max_npcs or you can do a simple IsPlayerNPC+ip check

it is meant to be like that

okay thank you for quick reply

What is there to convert? All existing R2 scripts work fine without the need of recompiling them. You simply replace the server exe