Hosting or VPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
View Post
Try running
Code:
chmod 700 * -R
in your SA-MP dictionary.

EDIT: The error when loading the sscanf plugin my be something to do with permissions?!?
No no sscanf loads without prob its the streamer

I think VPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana
View Post
I use two plugins streamer and sscanf and my includes from the script

pawn Code:
#include        <  a_samp >
#include        <  ZCMD   >
#include        < sscanf2  >
#include        <YSI/y_ini>
#include        <colors>
#include        <streamer>
#include        <foreach>
#include        <MWeather>
As I read in one of topics includes (the .inc) save into the amx or something like that...
Try removing all plugins, and remove everything to do with them in the script. If it still crash's then you know it's not the plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
View Post
Try removing all plugins, and remove everything to do with them in the script. If it still crash's then you know it's not the plugins.
I know that the server works perfectly, I have tried out lvdm on it and it loads perfectly.

Quote:
View Post
I know that the server works perfectly, I have tried out lvdm on it and it loads perfectly.
Then my suspicions are that it's the streamer somehow. Remove that from your script for now and test it again. Remember to remove ALL functions included in your script to do with the streamer.

If you get these problems with a VPS, you will get them with hosting!

Quote:
View Post
CentOS, its easy to use it
Yeah I know :P I use it to <3.

But I meant like virtualization, not operating system / distribution.

I.e Xen, or OpenVZ.

It depends...
If oyu want much slots, vps because it's cheap. If you want like 30-50 buy a normal sa-mp hosting.

If you are still looking for a VPS, keep an eye on http://www.lowendbox.com/ .
I got myself a VPS with 1.00Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM and 1TB bandwidth/month for 30 bucks for the whole year. I got on new years eve though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzodiazepine™
View Post
If you are still looking for a VPS, keep an eye on http://www.lowendbox.com/ .
I got myself a VPS with 1.00Ghz CPU, 512MB RAM and 1TB bandwidth/month for 30 bucks for the whole year. I got on new years eve though.
I've have taken interest in one of websites, and thanks ;]

As well it is the best to use linux right? For a server, since it uses a little of components for running?

Ok so hosting, you don't have to worry about server/network problems the server providers take care of that for you. You get a control panel and a support team to help you along the way.
Downsides to hosting: You pay more sometimes depending on slot amount.

VPS: You get to control everything, can be a bit more challenging, you can host more slots for a cheaper price, no control panel unless you pay for or make one, no game server related tech support and you can generally do more with a vps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtywe
View Post
Ok so hosting, you don't have to worry about server/network problems the server providers take care of that for you. You get a control panel and a support team to help you along the way.
Downsides to hosting: You pay more sometimes depending on slot amount.

VPS: You get to control everything, can be a bit more challenging, you can host more slots for a cheaper price, no control panel unless you pay for or make one, no game server related tech support and you can generally do more with a vps.
Yea I have chosen VPS I can freely host game server and TS at least dont need to pay more

Quote:
View Post
I've have taken interest in one of websites, and thanks ;]

As well it is the best to use linux right? For a server, since it uses a little of components for running?
Yeah I prefer Linux, even for my desktop. I have a partition with Windows for games, but linux performs better and way more secure.

For a server CentOS is the way to go, although I sometimes use Debian based OS's, cause they are cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzodiazepine™
View Post
linux performs better and way more secure.
Uh no, Linux can easily be attacked. But it does perform better. There isn't as many processes running in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toni
View Post
Uh no, Linux can easily be attacked. But it does perform better. There isn't as many processes running in the background.
Well theres always something to protect it? I mean the providers have something for it?

[offtopic] I can't belive people use Windows Server on there VPS's, as they are a lot harder to setup and the GUI uses a lot of stuff. [/offtopic]