Hosting or VPS

So what is better to own? VPS or Hosting from a company? any pluses and minus for each of them?

(Gathering some informations for further server)

VPS, You will always get problems from hosting companies and you will not be scared that people will steal your scripts, etc.

VPS, you can host as many samp servers you want, and you can host web too.

Are the pricing big? of the VPS's? anyone have any reference websites where I can look for good prices?

As well does 256 MB sounds good for 25 slots?

You can even run 500 slots on 256 MB RAM, it all depends on your script. But yes, with a VPS you have less limitation and can/have to manage everything yourself. Obviously it is also much cheaper.

I have actually have it a try, got a trial on one of websites (just to check out tho their price is too big) when I start it my GM wont work because Im sure the includes from pawn are not there? how do u actually get them there so the server will work perfectly? (I can see my server on sa-mp list and it is online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
View Post
I'm guessing you have a Linux VPS so, make sure you are not trying to include any plugins which are .dll's. If that's not the case remove plugins one by one until your script works.

If you have no plugins, It will be a problem with your script.
Yea just removed all of .dll plugins but still gives me Unknown script and it aint the script because on my pc it works perfectly :\

(Writing from the VPS )

Make sure you have libstdc++ 6 installed correctly on the VPS, this is required by SA-MP servers to work.

If it still does not work, please make sure that your samp03svr is chmodded. execute chmod 700 * in your SA-MP server directory.

Also, please make a seperate account to run SA-MP servers, it's bad to run them under root do the following:

useradd samp
passwd samp
and then enter your chosen password.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Make sure you have libstdc++ 6 installed correctly on the VPS, this is required by SA-MP servers to work.

If it still does not work, please make sure that your samp03svr is chmodded. execute chmod 700 * in your SA-MP server directory.

Also, please make a seperate account to run SA-MP servers, it's bad to run them under root do the following:

useradd samp
passwd samp
and then enter your chosen password.
Got the libstdc++ 6 and done chmod 700 * and still nothing (server runs without errors its just that game mode does not load)

I got experience - take VPS its much better + if you have 200 free ram you can have as much as people you'd like online.
Just make sure that speed is over 10MBps , that you got at least 0.3 GHz and that you got at least 100 gb of data transfer (if you are planing on having a server with 100+ people online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana
Посмотреть сообщение
Got the libstdc++ 6 and done chmod 700 * and still nothing (server runs without errors its just that game mode does not load)
Make sure that everything in your script is Linux compatible, includes etc. I would take a look, however I guess it's your personal script.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Make sure that everything in your script is Linux compatible, includes etc. I would take a look, however I guess it's your personal script.
Ha got that bugger!

Quote:

Run time error 19: "File or function is not found"

but in my PC on windows nothing like that happens?

VPS is a load better, as you can host your website on there aswell. (nginx/lighttpd) Don't get a VPS with a GUI!

256MB ram is enough for a webserver, SQL server and 100 slot SA-MP server.

Could you possibly post some logs of the server starting up?

It sounds like your script is trying to use functions from a plugin (.dll windows plugin) And linux cannot use them.

Quote:
View Post
Could you possibly post some logs of the server starting up?
Here you go

Quote:

SA-MP Dedicated Server
----------------------
v0.3c R2, ©2005-2011 SA-MP Team

[07:46:41] filterscripts = "" (string)
[07:46:41]
[07:46:41] Server Plugins
[07:46:41] --------------
[07:46:41] Loading plugin: streamer.so
[07:46:41] Failed (plugins/streamer.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied)
[07:46:41] Loading plugin: sscanf.so

[07:46:41] ===============================

[07:46:41] sscanf plugin loaded.

[07:46:41] © 2009 Alex "Y_Less" Cole

[07:46:41] ===============================

[07:46:41] Loaded.
[07:46:41] Loaded 1 plugins.

[07:46:41] Filter Scripts
[07:46:41] ---------------
[07:46:41] Loaded 0 filter scripts.

[07:46:41] Script[gamemodes/Tokyo.amx]: Run time error 19: "File or function is not found"
[07:46:41] Number of vehicle models: 0
[07:46:51] --- Server Shutting Down.
[07:46:51]

[07:46:51] ===============================

[07:46:51] sscanf plugin unloaded.

[07:46:51] ===============================

Read my post again, I updated it.

Make sure you are including sscanf like this: plugins sscanf.so

Quote:
View Post
Read my post again, I updated it.

Make sure you are including sscanf like this: plugins sscanf.so
Yea they are added as .so in the .cfg file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana
View Post
Yea they are added as .so in the .cfg file.
Make sure you are not using any functions in your script from other plugins (which you may have forgotten to remove from moving from windows.)

Quote:
View Post
Make sure you are not using any functions in your script from other plugins (which you may have forgotten to remove from moving from windows.)
I use two plugins streamer and sscanf and my includes from the script

pawn Code:
#include        <  a_samp >
#include        <  ZCMD   >
#include        < sscanf2  >
#include        <YSI/y_ini>
#include        <colors>
#include        <streamer>
#include        <foreach>
#include        <MWeather>
As I read in one of topics includes (the .inc) save into the amx or something like that...

Try running
Code:
chmod 700 * -R
in your SA-MP dictionary.

EDIT: The error when loading the sscanf plugin my be something to do with permissions?!?