What would you think of a GPS system that you paid a small fee per month for?

I have a GPS system on my server that currently provides directions for the whole of Los Santos, allowing a player to navigate between turfs.

What I was potentially looking to do was provide a GPS service to other servers for a small fee per month, most likely just $1, which would allow you to pass XY coords to a function in a filterscript, which would use HTTP to ask my website for directions. If you have paid for the service, then racing checkpoints would guide you to the destination specified.

My moral dilemma is whether people would be willing to pay for a service like that, and also if it would upset some people within the community that I was 'making money' from that.

What do you think?

PS. I'm 26 and work for a living already, it'd just go into a Paypal account I use to pay for my hosting for the Novocaine server. If you want to see it in action, visit the IP in my signature and try /gps

I'd rather just buy it from you for a one-time price. And I'm not just giving my opinion, I actually do want to buy it from you lol. Also, it would not upset your players if it is only one feature of many. You can say that the money is going towards other things on the server, which are far more important.

as long its not neccessary using the /gps to play, i would offer it as one from many features "unlocked" for donating players. if someone complains about $1, then he should try to script a gamemode w/o getting anything in return but more complaining players ^^

I think you're maybe missing the point Babul.

The idea would be a little like game-mp.com in the respect that instead of having access to be on the hosted list, you would have access to utilize a GPS system for your own server.

It'd be for the host to pay $1 for it to be accessible to his server.

I would say go for it, but make sure you have lots of ways to pay! I also think the price is to high, how about 60% of the GPS's price be in-game cash, and the other 40% be real money.

"Turn left in next intersection" Ohh I would love hearing GPS with audio plugin

my voice is too awesome for it xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaco
Посмотреть сообщение
"Turn left in next intersection" Ohh I would love hearing GPS with audio plugin

my voice is too awesome for it xD
Your voice may be great but your English is not.

"Turn left AT the next intersection"

I changed the question to make a little bit more sense.

The service would be for not just my server, it would be a filterscript that could be used on any server, as long as they paid the monthly fee, and you could use something similar to...

Код:
CallRemoteFunction("ActivateGPS", "ff", 2463.267578, -1659.411743);
... and then the filterscript I provide would then provide directions to the desired location, as close as possible.

If they didn't pay, it would not return a result, but inform the player that the service was unavailable for that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Посмотреть сообщение
Your voice may be great but your English is not.

"Turn left AT the next intersection"
No shite sherlock no one is perfect.Grammar Nazi ftw

Just try and see how it goes, it's surely an interesting script and people might pay to have it.