increase speed

Is it possible with a script to increase the speed of a vehicle?

Yes and No.
You can't make a vehicle go faster
But you can make yourself in a vehicle go faster.
If i am right.

With a bit experimenting you can use SetVehicleVelocity with a timer, or in OnPlayerUpdate, to increase a vehicles maximum speed or acceleration. Gave me an idea, maybe ill script something for that now

You can increase the speed of a vehicle, by using SetVehicleVelocity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
With a bit experimenting you can use SetVehicleVelocity with a timer, or in OnPlayerUpdate, to increase a vehicles maximum speed or acceleration. Gave me an idea, maybe ill script something for that now
If you success i hope you will share to me who gave you the idea (just joking) i dunno how to work with SetVehicleVelocity funktion anyways ...hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising
Посмотреть сообщение
If you success i hope you will share to me who gave you the idea (just joking) i dunno how to work with SetVehicleVelocity funktion anyways ...hmm.
Of course I will
Already started, in basically it works, you can modify a vehicles speed and acceleration.
But in order to make it useable (the handling of the vehicle has to be stable, atm it isnt really good) Ill need to change some things. No idea if I ever finish it, but if I do, ill release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course I will
Already started, in basically it works, you can modify a vehicles speed and acceleration.
But in order to make it useable (the handling of the vehicle has to be stable, atm it isnt really good) Ill need to change some things. No idea if I ever finish it, but if I do, ill release it.
Good
haha i really hope that you will fix it, i need it to increase the rustlers max speed, the speed is like a old lady :P
If its not only possible for ground vehicles? :O

I actually have script which works like that. It makes vehicles faster, but steering is really hard.
So yea, its possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson_boy
Посмотреть сообщение
I actually have script which works like that. It makes vehicles faster, but steering is really hard.
So yea, its possible
If it works on airvehicles, wanna share?

It doesn't work with air vehicles. It can only give better acceleration but it doesn't give more max speed. I've tried and its not possible using SetVehicleVelocity. You can only increase cars', bikes' and boats' max speed. I'd love to increase planes' speeds since they are unrealisticly slow on GTA SA.