Rant on RP GM's

First off, a pre-emptive appology in case any reader (for some odd reason) takes offense to this; But I need to say it. Why are so many sa-mp users in love with the roleplay gameplay? I just can't wrap my head around any possible reason to enjoy one. I will admit to having a short lived amusement with them. However, the longer you put the effort in playing one the less they seem to have any entertainment purposes at all. Maybe it's that most of the RP players are young? no? If you're 13 years old you can only imagine what it's like to own a car and a house, and drive and have a job, or maybe be in a gang and sell drugs. That of course is the point to any game, right? To create a virtual world in which you can do things that you can't or wouldn't do in reality.
I, for one, can not see any luster in doing things in your RP server, like selling burgers or driving a taxi. I can do all those things in real life. Am I alone on this? Is there something else I'm missing? Please respond to this of your opinion. I'd love to hear what people think on this topic. Please do not respond to argue or insult. thanx
cheers

I'm not sure what to say on this, but i dislike most RP servers, and gamemodes.

At first I didn't like RP servers, just because of the reasons you listed there. But after some time a friend made me playing on one of them and I really started enjoying it. You start of very little and can reach everything, that's what I somehow liked about it.

Rp servers are nice as You can live your dream with no risks. You fuck up and die, You can Try again. Irl You cant. Thats Why Its So nice

Go play SecondLife then.

Who gives a fuck about the gamemodes and the buggy ones such as LARP edits, GF and shit, people like unique and populated servers that's it.

I like roleplay servers as there is a sense of achievement that I cannot feel when playing a deathmatch, or stunt server.

^ +1

It's a game, stop overthinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
It's a game, stop overthinking it.
... so says the "High Roller"