Attacked by invisible bots

A rival server owner is constantly attacking me with invisible bots. Those bots are filling the slots and real players can't connect because the server appears to be full. I know who is attacking me and I know he has reasons to worry about me because we have same types of server and I am getting more players than him ( not important I know).

What I would like to know is a way to stop this besides banning the guy. Banning won't solve a thing because either he has a dynamic IP address, or he gave that stuff to his friends. If there is no way to stop that attack I would like to have a name of that program so I can fight back.

I don't usually attack other people because I know how hard it is take care of a server, but this shit is getting more and more annoying. I kept rising the player limit but he got close again to filling it with bots.

Someone please take this seriously!!!

i was looking for that too but i think tha ther is no way to stop that ... or if you have he's ip adress maybe you can block him ...
whatever if some one can give an answer to that ! it will be cool

Contact your host as the bots probably do not fully connect to the server so you probably won't have an IP address logged, get your host to give you the IP address and ban it or ask them to ban the IP address (or even range) from your server.

ddos atack:-j.

I couldn't find any good ddos flooders...

You could ban him ip + ACCOUNT, but he can always make a new account, maybe you should change ip or whatsoever.

As Calg00ne said, the bots probally don't fully connect to the server. (most servers have login/registration making it almost impossible).

You could try to lock the server with a password, and give the password out to your players, I am not sure but whatever program he may be using may not be capable of filling passwords. This is only guessing because as I said the bots probally won't even fully connect.

even the host can't detect this connection type... so if there is a solution, it's definitely in PAWN code or a program special made to block it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
even the host can't detect this connection type... so if there is a solution, it's definitely in PAWN code or a program special made to block it.
your host must be crap if they cant run a netstat for you.

it's a free 24/7 host. They have an entire community. The problem is that the guy doesn't have time to respond whenever we need because he has a job. I will ask for a netstat log, maybe he can do that.