Help with GTA San Andreas STEAM

Hey

I bought GTA San Andreas via Steam (It's the 3.0), so I downloaded the 2.0 patch to downgrade it, but it says "There is no file to patch".
I think it's because it's steam, the game is in "program files/Steam/steamapps/common/grand theft auto san andreas/"

How can I downgrade it then? Or how can I install SA:MP :S

I did the same thing as you, I bought San Andreas in the Steam Rockstar Sales, but according to the SA-MP System Requirements, it says you need:
-A copy of GTA San Andreas for PC - V1.0 [NOT V1.01, V2.0, V3.0]

And I don't think that Steam games can be downgraded at all, so unless you have an un-patched retail copy of the game, then you can't play SA-MP.

(Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's how it is.)

Also, read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellix
Attention
Having a cracked version of San Andreas wil also result in a failure.
The crack modifies somethings in the executable and so it will make it an unknown version!
Also the Steam and Direct2Drive version are not supported!

The supported version are
Code:
USA 1.01
USA 2.00
EU 1.01
EU 2.00
GER 1.01
GER 1.00
And this:
Quote:

If you just want to play multiplayer, get this!

Please note:

* SA-MP requires GTA:SA (DVD game for PC) v1.00 US/EU.
* Version 2.0 of the DVD version can be downgraded to 1.0 using a third-party patch.
* The Steam and Direct2Drive versions of GTA:SA are not currently supported and cannot be downgraded.

Jesus, I'm glad I read this! I was about to buy SA from steam, but now I'll have to look into it.

Wish I would of read this post before i purchased from steam. >.< there goes $15

You can buy it of steam, it's not a problem.

I got it also from steam.

Just download a no-cd crack of version 1, etc. and replace it with gta_sa.exe and you can play.
For example for gamecopyworld.

Trust me it works

If you bought it from Steam, then you legally own the right to use it, and therefore it's not illegal to download a cracked 1.0 version of it in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus2010
View Post
If you bought it from Steam, then you legally own the right to use it, and therefore it's not illegal to download a cracked 1.0 version of it in your case.
And GTA SA doesnt support VAC (so you cant be banned for downgrading).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandooz
View Post
And GTA SA doesnt support VAC (so you cant be banned for downgrading).
You can't downgrade the Steam version anyway. He might as well get a clean 1.0 from some kind of torrent site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus2010
View Post
You can't downgrade the Steam version anyway. He might as well get a clean 1.0 from some kind of torrent site.
You can, read my post above.

I'm using the steam version, download a no-cd crack from version 1.0 and it's working fine.

Well, it's apparently not working for the OP..?