Bad Knife Sync

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rdFCyDcyQk[/ame]
I also apologize for my stoner-like mumbling voice. Just mute the video if you like.

I was testing out a new version of my gamemode and I ran across this. Everyone knows that the sync of knives is bad but I've never actually seen a video showing it, as you can see on the video, Dak has a knife and is standing behind Dak2 with his knife raised. On Dak's screen, the knife is raised, on Dak2's screen, it isn't.

I almost think though, this has to do with the auto-aim that is built into San Andreas (it is complete ass) compared to the typical Mouse/Keyboard setup that doesn't have the auto-aim.

Just thought I'd show clear evidence and see if anything can be done about it, and thanks for your time.

This happens to me all the time and it's super annoying. Especially on role-play servers.

you can try this

let me know how it works.

I think you can fix this bug without respawning the player, now that 0.3 can detect every SA animation forced on player.

It's not the desync that's the problem.. Sorry I didn't elaborate too well. I meant that the problem was the process of killing. I just woke up (no joke) so I can't explain too well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetigerswt
View Post
you can try this

let me know how it works.
I did, and it fails, it never fixed any desync when I used it.

Quote:

I did, and it fails, it never fixed any desync when I used it.

their might be some issues with it in linux as its not working on my server too but works on home host. ill look into it

This happens a lot and many RP events fail because of this. It happens since I play SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack9764
View Post
This happens to me all the time and it's super annoying. Especially on role-play servers.
Especially on DM servers. You can desync player and he can't hit you.

I gave Kalcor some code to fix this a while ago, hopefully he will do so eventually. He said it wasn't high priority, though.