SA-MP's contributors ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
View Post
EDIT:This script uses goo*le services, many threads got deleted from goo*le so this can't be 100% accurate.
Only ****** Chrome, and this - isn't necessary as well.

Its a Javascript code, you can run it basically on every browser.

Damn how am i only at 363 this script is broken

Wow.. Where are the two legends Kalcor and Y-less? The list is not complete without those. I know that kalcor is on the list, but #228? Really?

I feel so useless.
Code:
279є: Eoussama | Contributions: 8 | Views: 41577 | Answers: 228
After the list's update, I'm even more useless
Code:
293є: Eoussama | Contributions: 8 | Views: 41612 | Answers: 228

I'm ranked 469є

Nice, I like statistics.
Answer-count doesnt work correctly though for 1000+ replies. You forgot the , for that in the regex

Code:
var rgxp = /\n[\s]+(\n.*){2}\n*?\[*?>(.*?)<.*?\].*\n.*?showthread.*?>(.*?)<.*[\s\S]*?smallfont.>.*\n.*\n.*\n\s+(.*?span.*?>(.*?)<\/span|(.*?)\s+)[\s\S]*?replies.{2}([\d+,\,}+).+views.{2}([\d+,\,]+)/mig;
                                                                                                                                                                        /\
Edit: heres a list with the fixed regex
www.mauzen.org/samp/rank.log

YUS, I made the revised cut!

And Yaa got 331 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
View Post
Nice, I like statistics.
Answer-count doesnt work correctly though for 1000+ replies. You forgot the , for that in the regex

Code:
var rgxp = /\n[\s]+(\n.*){2}\n*?\[*?>(.*?)<.*?\].*\n.*?showthread.*?>(.*?)<.*[\s\S]*?smallfont.>.*\n.*\n.*\n\s+(.*?span.*?>(.*?)<\/span|(.*?)\s+)[\s\S]*?replies.{2}([\d+,\,}+).+views.{2}([\d+,\,]+)/mig;
                                                                                                                                                                        /\
Edit: heres a list with the fixed regex
www.mauzen.org/samp/rank.log
Thank you, I've completely let that pass. I did it for the views count but forgot about the replies, lol.

I've updated the code and ranking.

Maybe we can use topics dates to generate contributions over the years chart and more statistics like that.

Thank you guys for all the replies. The ranking is indeed not accurate, but it's the closest I could think of to give the importance every contributor has. The code is open-source and changes can be made, I just need ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
View Post
I wouldn't call it an accurate list, there are people that have released work that has more value to it and there are people like maddinator who contribute to an already released work of someone else.

There are also people who have long ago abandoned samp and ones who have been supporting samp for years

All in all, this is an interesting list.
I agree, maybe we can use the topics creation date to measure the importance of each contribution? but it would take credit from people who create few but very important topics and are active still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaleWoods
View Post
Wait a sec LMAO kalcor isnt in 1st 100 lmao he gave us these and u didnt mentioned him lololololollololol
I don't think you read the topic properly, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
Hmm. This is very inaccurate because people like me help people more in scripting help rather than releasing stuff.
I agree, but it would be impossible to automatically track topics posts and tell if it's helping other players or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_B
View Post
Obviously this is more posting contribution than SA-MP contribution, as if Kalcor could be 228.
Not to mention that our No.1's threads are all deleted. Ofc it would be ******.

My point is, not all contributions are equally actually contributing to SA-MP.
You're kind of right. This ranking tracks contributions made to SA-MP, not the SA-MP development itself. We all know that without Kalcor this ranking wouldn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
View Post
321є: Crystallize | Contributions: 15 | Views: 38483 | Answers: 198

EDIT:This script uses goo*le services, many threads got deleted from goo*le so this can't be 100% accurate.
Where did you take this information from? The crawler searches only in SA-MP forums, it doesn't use any other external information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoco
View Post
Wow.. Where are the two legends Kalcor and Y-less? The list is not complete without those. I know that kalcor is on the list, but #228? Really?
Well, how can the script track topics that were deleted? Unfortunately, ****** have deleted all of his topics, there's no way to track them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrakke
View Post
Well, how can the script track topics that were deleted? Unfortunately, ****** have deleted all of his topics, there's no way to track them.
It's worse than that. The forum has been pruned several times over the years. The forum isn't a full history of views and posts. The original godfather topic had over 300k views and several thousand replies before it was split in to two topics. I think the original thread is gone.

The people who wrote the largest sa-mp scripts are not in the list. I'm not sure what that list really shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
It's worse than that. The forum has been pruned several times over the years. The forum isn't a full history of views and posts. The original godfather topic had over 300k views and several thousand replies before it was split in to two topics. I think the original thread is gone.

The people who wrote the largest sa-mp scripts are not in the list. I'm not sure what that list really shows.
Based on the views and the number of posts you can not judge who is a good scripter.
Reputation should serve it but it does not serve because it is mainly received by people in the help section.
No number will tell us who is good, you can at most play in the polls.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

The goal here is just to show all contributors works from an automatic and impartial way, the way I found for now to rank them is to order the list by contributor's topics answers summed (IMO in a general way more answers means more popularity), which I also know that isn't the best way to do it, but I need ideas to improve it or to just not continue to do it.

I'm not happy with the current formula and some legends missing, but we can only work with the data we have available (which is a lot already), maybe there's a way to restore some of the missing topics and contributors? do you have this information stored somewhere? If so, you could create an unlisted forum section just with the deleted topics so the crawler could track 'em.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I think the original thread is gone.
Still there. https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=58613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burridge
Посмотреть сообщение
It's also on the list, 5th place. But since the first post were deleted the topic's owner is now "El burro". It's a vBulletin's bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrakke
Посмотреть сообщение
It's also on the list, 5th place. But since the first post were deleted the topic's owner is now "El burro". It's a vBulletin's bug.
Maybe not so much a vBulletin bug. The forums were converted from SMF after that topic had been split anyway. More an issue with the conversion process probably.

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
Посмотреть сообщение

?
Another bug u found there, already being fixed, thanks.

Edit: Fixed, ranking updated.

143. Much wow.
Why are you all complainining? It's a fun ranking after all. You know who are top 10,20, 30 scripters around here even without a "rank". Good job Mandrakke, nice effort.

Quote:

1є: CuervO | Contributions: 6 | Views: 2413373 | Answers: 8342

Nice bug. Nobody use one GM from 2010-13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrea1
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice bug. Nobody use one GM from 2010-13.
How's that a bug?