CEF for SA-MP?

No-one wants client-sided stuff. If it can't be done with a plugin, then the whole idea should just be forgotten tbh.

peoples say: no one will download any plugins. But in brazil(no know in another countrys) i know many servers, using client side script and the get more of 80~120 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0r
Посмотреть сообщение
It can't be a single .asi as CEF requires some dlls, locales etc (~100 mb), it looks to be difficult to use without clientside scripting, and it's not compatible with Windows XP (you'll lose a lot of SA-MP players).

Btw I have embedded it into SA-MP once, but I had clientside scripting (C++).
https://*********/NKlLFs9szVQ
This is a useful information, if the file is so large i really think many peoples not download.

Kalcor wont add any big features he did prove it multiple times I don't know why you arguing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallize
Посмотреть сообщение
Kalcor wont add any big features he did prove it multiple times I don't know why you arguing about it.
this is not about a samp update, if it would not be "Plugin Development", read before commenting.

Well, i yesterday i have started to learn about CEF, to make this possible, to make this real

The plugin(server) go to have a function CEF_IsPlayerConnected, with this the server owner could be make this not required for player, replacing the html view by dialogs etc..

About need extern web servers, you can use this [Plugin] SATTP

This is how you're not understanding it though, this needs to have client interaction, so it's not just a plugin.

The discord plugin is a plugin as it is, simply text output, to a text channel...

This wouldn't end up being just a plugin, and thus, a LOT of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvison_
Посмотреть сообщение
this is not about a samp update, if it would not be "Plugin Development", read before commenting.

Well, i yesterday i have started to learn about CEF, to make this possible, to make this real

The plugin(server) go to have a function CEF_IsPlayerConnected, with this the server owner could be make this not required for player, replacing the html view by dialogs etc..

About need extern web servers, you can use this [Plugin] SATTP
I was thinking about implementing a new GUI system in a new version of SA-MP+, but for the moment I don't have so much free time to work on this. Anyway it would be nice to see SA-MP with modern features

Crystallize, that's not 100% true. Kalcor (to my understanding) is not the only Developer. We pushed for Client Side audio after showing huge community interest, and even created custom clients to facilitate it, for those who wanted it. Me and Incognito were the 2 first original plugins. Shortly after, the development team implemented a native solution. I yanked my project after that (also partially thanks to a protocol glitch I never tracked down).

I say go for it, but don't make it mandatory. If it becomes something, you never know what might happen. What the harm in trying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
Посмотреть сообщение
Crystallize, that's not 100% true. Kalcor (to my understanding) is not the only Developer. We pushed for Client Side audio after showing huge community interest, and even created custom clients to facilitate it, for those who wanted it. Me and Incognito were the 2 first original plugins. Shortly after, the development team implemented a native solution. I yanked my project after that (also partially thanks to a protocol glitch I never tracked down).

I say go for it, but don't make it mandatory. If it becomes something, you never know what might happen. What the harm in trying?
I would expect more from someone around so long this project has absolutely zero viability.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

lmao Kalcor is the only developer he confirmed it multiple times.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
At the moment, yes. Before, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
I would expect more from someone around so long this project has absolutely zero viability.
Pottus, everyone said the same things to me when I started ScriptPlayer. Woet even threatened to ban me from IRC for making a proof of concept using a IRC channel for basic text messages, because I was 17 and didn't have money for a VPS.

Are there security concerns? Definitely. Not viable? Come on...

Код:
vi·a·ble
ˈvīəb(ə)l/
adjective
capable of working successfully; feasible.
Ye have little faith. Whats wrong with saying 'you could try it'? Let him find out the restrictions. There was that SAMP UI project a ways back. That was viable, so why not this?

This is why I am not the most active person here.. its always judging the fish by its ability to climb a tree.
/rant

As far as security concerns go OP, you have a rather large battle ahead of you on that. If you could enforce things like runtime HTML/CSS generation and modification for things like speedometers and what not, and not allow linking to actual websites, I think you'll strike gold. But the security starts and ends with you. If you allow server operators to use your code as a vehicle for malicious or grossly explicit (or illegal) content distribution, you could face some serious community consequences, or at minimum your project being 'blacklisted'. Kind of like memory hacking plugins have been.

--

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
At the moment, yes. Before, no.
Ahh, okay well nevermind then.

Well I have plenty of faith but I am just trying to save this dude the time from wasting his time.

And just remember what the original intent of the suggestion was.

They're not just looking at a web browsing overlay at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottus
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I have plenty of faith but I am just trying to save this dude the time from wasting his time.
Believe it or not, that's how people learn. My suggestion is to not make decisions for others. Its counter productive and essentially will lead to nothing new, ever. Half the time new things are created via experimentation. The "What if.." nature of humans. Inspire, and assist, but don't shut someone down because it appears 'not viable' to you. He could probably pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
And just remember what the original intent of the suggestion was.

They're not just looking at a web browsing overlay at all.
CEF In nature is that though. An embedded HTML/CSS rendering framework. But yes, if he could stick to things like HTML/CSS overlays and less of a 'Steam browser' kind of situation, and enforce its security, I could see it being a great addition to SA-MP, 3rd Party or Native.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
CEF In nature is that though. An embedded HTML/CSS rendering framework. But yes, if he could stick to things like HTML/CSS overlays and less of a 'Steam browser' kind of situation, and enforce its security, I could see it being a great addition to SA-MP, 3rd Party or Native.
What they were demonstrating was not so much an overlay but a textdraw equivalent addition, and an in-game display of video on a texture.

To actually try make an overlay is settling for nothing, literally... You could get more functionality out of Steam overlay, or by reviving SA-MP live...

Really, if they were to settle simply for the overlay, they should just revive SA-MP live... But again, they'd be settling for a shitty implementation.

How will this benefit SA-MP servers? Be realistic, its nothing more than for leisure/playing around (just like sa-mp+)

I listed how it benefits servers

Also don't forget that CEF is frequently updated by security fixes.. So you have to update the plugin frequently (server and client).

Id like to see this but only if it didnt require of people to get clientsided shit etc. I guss for now we have to wait n see what will be done.There is still to see what will we get with next samp update (if we get in). Maybe something amazing gets added.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I say go for it, but don't make it mandatory.
This is a good way to go. SA-MP+/SA-MP Live both had potential but required client sided plugins that to my knowledge weren't properly advertised (correct me if I'm wrong).

The way I'd do it is first use it to add 'extras' to your gamemode, like colored checkpoints for people using it instead of normal red ones, or web-browser overlays (similar to steam) that let you browse the server forum from in-game. Tell your players that they can get these extras for free.
If you really want to push adaptation, you could give a slimmed version of premium (premium-lite?) to people who have the client installed. That way you actually reward people for taking the effort to install extra software and it helps making the project more popular. In any case, don't limit what other players can do without the plugin.

Your key issue will be illegal distribution of the software. All players and server owners should download their copy from an open-source git repository to ensure that the security of the players isn't compromised.