Dislike Button coming to ******** - Your views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Another thought: Likes are all positive. Reputation here is all positive. And the average ******** user is pretty similar to the average samp forum user. Remember what happened when negative reputation was introduced here?
Those were beautiful days. Except many users left just because nobody would pay attention to them. Nobody paid attention to people with negative rep! It did separate the noobs, but it also managed to separate the newbs.

There is a big a case in Portugal right now, some teens having some kind of "Likes addiction", they post alot of videos on ******** just for "Likes", some of them even did videos being mad because people commented disliking their videos, after some time, one of them did a status on ******** saying "If I get X Likes i'll jump of a bridge" He got blocked from ********, and the cops even went to his home, because he really would do that.

If people already do this kind of shits for Likes and then get mad as fuck because people disliked their videos, implementing a "dislike" would be even worse in my oppinion..

This doesn't happen in Portugal only, it happens everywhere.. Just saying there was this was in Portugal as they even went to the TV with some Psychologist and shit..

--------------------------------------
AMG 10K DISLIKES I WILL CUT MY HAND OFF!!!
1 Like = 1$
1 Comment = 10$
1 Share = 100$
Ignore = 0$
1 dislike = -100$

Pliz liek

And you think this should be thrown on Mark for making this decision?
Those people have mental problems, it shouldn't concern ********.
People even invented click farms, and because of them, the like numbers are the biggest lie on ********. This will even the odds a little.

******** goes right into the trashcan.

People still use ********? I haven't used it since 2010...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Another thought: Likes are all positive. Reputation here is all positive. And the average ******** user is pretty similar to the average samp forum user. Remember what happened when negative reputation was introduced here?
Yeah, faggots and rep beggars got downrep'd into oblivion. Ah, good times ... That's not to say I didn't receive negative rep for unpopular opinions, seeing as I tend to be quite cynical most of the time.

This video explains the impact that a like can have on users.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag

If ******** implements the dislike button, they will have to rethink the way they make money.

suicide reports due to ********

Yeah that's reasonable. They should put a dislike button in ******** and see of how many haters out there to dislike any posts they don't like or somehow offended them.

Not going to happen

AGAIN, IT'S NOT A DISLIKE BUTTON. This thread is just misleading. It should've have some genuine sources instead of just throwing the word 'dislike' out there. Read the above posts.

I bet Saurik is so mad that you made this post before he did.

I don't think I like the idea, I think it's always better to keep things positive... this forum, for example, was horrible when we had negative rep, and got somewhat nicer when it was removed.

You guys keep comparing ******** with this forum.
Keep in mind that the average age on ******** is not 13-15.
It won't happen, anyway, but if it did, I don't think it would be exactly the same thing.

******* is where it's at. Instagram if you want to share pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
******* is where it's at. Instagram if you want to share pictures.
True lol. Almost no one uses ******** nowadays except for kids under 13 year old here. The teens have moved on to Instagram, *******, WeChat and the likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkLorD
Посмотреть сообщение
Bad idea. It is obvious people will start abusing it.. just like the -ve rep system that used to be here.
Rep. is just a number...

>inb4 decrease the amount of new post lelleel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
True lol. Almost no one uses ******** nowadays except for kids under 13 year old here. The teens have moved on to Instagram, *******, WeChat and the likes.
Allow me to disagree. A lot of grown up people I know still use ********. It has everything. It's a social network that has instant messenging and media sharing, and that means it's useful. I take advantage of what I mentioned, not putting out my relationship status and other crap. That's what kids use. I honestly don't see the point of ******* and instagram, when ******** combines it all.

It'd be useful for posts that is taking opinions of people.. "I am going to do bla bla.. Like if you agree and dislike if not".. And also taking opinions of people about images you photographed or about your new profile photo.

What I mean is that its just very good for taking opinions and should never be taken in a way of "dislike = suicide" , That's just dumb and ridiculous..

And also as I watched the Q/A that Mark did, I have a feeling they will add an ability to disable the feature which'll be good so people who is under 13 and cry when someone dislikes their post can disable it.
He didn't say it literally but I have a feeling that's what will be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
You guys keep comparing ******** with this forum.
Keep in mind that the average age on ******** is not 13-15.
It won't happen, anyway, but if it did, I don't think it would be exactly the same thing.
Lets see

********SA-MP ForumsFB similar to SA-MP?
People post all kind of useless shit, from what they ate to what they pooed.People post all kind of unrelated shit, from "should I visit a doctor with that?" and "how to make money online" to "give meh names for meh service/community/server"
People advertise their websites, ******* channels, or services.People advertise their websites, servers, or hosting companies.
People seek for attention in form of "likes" and many comments on their posts.People seek for attention in form of reputation and many replies to their threads.
People getting negative comments often get angry, offending and desparate.People receiving negative feedback often get angry, offending, or rage-quit the thread.
?
People receiving negative reputation get angry, cry about alleged "abuse", and beg their "moderator parents" for help.
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
I take advantage of what I mentioned, not putting out my relationship status and other crap. That's what kids use.
And thats why a "dislike"-button would actually have similar results than negative reputation here. The mature guys dont care, the kids rage/cry/commit suicide/whatever. Its always the extremes that you notice, not the normal guys, and extremes exist in pretty much every online community. Even here, 98% of the users didnt give a shit about receiving negative reputation, though the 2% still were enough to get it disabled shortly after.