SAMP for Mobile Devices?

But if you have an iPad or another Tablet, then it's not bad.
I think it will be funny.
I have GTA 3 and Vice City for Android and it's not bad. It makes fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50philip
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP should first improve completely on PC's before going to mobile.
Mobile is too addictive. Once you start you forget that you even had a PC or laptop.
Nice Idea.

+REP

My opinion: SA:MP should be on phones, but less functinally, like a: separated servers for phones, imho chat is not needed too, because RP on phones is a butthurt, and for DM servers chat is not important.
Summarizing, i say that SA:MP on phones need to be individual, and contains only dm/stunt/freeroam servers

1. This has already been discussed so damn often in the past years.
2. Mobile SA versions are completely rewritten games, you wouldnt "port" samp to mobiles, you would create a whole new client, even more different than VC:MP to samp. With a lot of luck, you might be able to keep the samp server, everything else is a complete new work from scratch. If you think it is possible, try it yourself, there wont be a big difference between you and kalcor in this.
3. Multiplayer experience on phones sucks hard, because phones are too different to allow fair matches. There are tons of GTA-like singleplayer games for phones, but can you name a single third person MULTIPLAYER shooter? Probably no, because others also know that this would suck too hard on phones.
4. Phones would probably need to be rooted to allow memory hacking of the game.
5. People would need to BUY the phone SA. As about 90% of all samp players just got pirated GTA, barely anyone could play samp on his phone.

I could go on for a while, but i guess thats enough.

Check this out .

https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/isa-mp/id718340739?mt=8

It would be very unhandy,
Maybe a app to control your server, with rcon stuff,
But playing the game on your phone isn't going to work out.

If there's a Role-play server, it'll take you like 40 second to type the whole thing; plus, if you're in a Death-match, by the time you have reported, you're killed (chuckle).

It's true that SA:MP will be hard to be ported on mobile device. But a simple client just for connecting phones will be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
1. This has already been discussed so damn often in the past years.
2. Mobile SA versions are completely rewritten games, you wouldnt "port" samp to mobiles, you would create a whole new client, even more different than VC:MP to samp. With a lot of luck, you might be able to keep the samp server, everything else is a complete new work from scratch. If you think it is possible, try it yourself, there wont be a big difference between you and kalcor in this.
3. Multiplayer experience on phones sucks hard, because phones are too different to allow fair matches. There are tons of GTA-like singleplayer games for phones, but can you name a single third person MULTIPLAYER shooter? Probably no, because others also know that this would suck too hard on phones.
4. Phones would probably need to be rooted to allow memory hacking of the game.
5. People would need to BUY the phone SA. As about 90% of all samp players just got pirated GTA, barely anyone could play samp on his phone.
Mauzen is the best on point here, but there are a few more things to note:

- You can't have anything like a "mod" on iOS (and realistically, most other platforms too). Simply not possible. Apps are sandboxed, you'd need to use an exploit to break this sandbox and such an app would not be approved on the app store.
- In the unlikely event that it was finally cobbled together: SA-MP works based on a single GTA version, and newer versions require downgrading in order to work on PC. Pushing GTA updates on iOS + other platforms is so much simpler for Rockstar, and now most of these updates are applied automatically with no chance to downgrade, which would break the mod on every new update.
- Above all, Kye is not a mobile developer (to my knowledge). SA-MP for PC has been hard enough to hack together and I doubt he has months/years of free time to dedicate to learning how to port such a mod to mobile platforms, especially when it could not be done legally and would be incredibly difficult to actually play.

It's not a bad idea, but it's just technically impossible or infeasible in so many ways that seem to escape the minds of all the people here every time this topic is brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimash
Посмотреть сообщение
Wow, that's so irrelevant.

Fact of the day:
San Andreas Multiplayer will never be released for mobiles.

if it comes in PS3,Xbox360,PS4 or Xbox 1 would be nice

GTA San Andreas is now released for IOS.
Let's wait, and see what comes-

As said before, I'm pretty sure they're not just shoving GTA:SA into a phone, it's a totally new re-written game which means they would have to develop SAMP:CELL (client) all over again for something that would be stupid and unplayable due to crappy cellphone 3G connections with ridiculous pings.

All is possible...maybe...sa:mp been release to Android/iOS/Windows Mobie...

Porting SAMP or MTA for mobiles would be very unlikely (if not impossible) unless Rockstar were somehow going to make GTA SA open source (something i guess it is very hard to).
However, i guess it is possible to see a Multiplayer mod for GTA SA Mobile created from scratch. However, most likely it would be optimized for Tablets, due to it's screen size and the fact of people wanting to chat (specially on RPG/RP servers).
I don't think it would be bad. It would be nice to play a GTA SA with a multiplayer mod when away from my home (something that happens almost all the time) on my Tablet.

So, I saw some mods for Android in the ****** Play Market.
So i think SAMP is possible too.
Maybe ,if somebody develope samp, then the developer can add a feature in SAMP: Only WiFi, so you can only play SAMP with Wifi, or you can do a Ping check, and if the ping is higher than 1000(or whatever) you can get a warning, or its not possible to connect its adjustable or whatever.

Hope to get this done in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHMCLAN
Посмотреть сообщение
So, I saw some mods for Android in the ****** Play Market.
So i think SAMP is possible too.
Maybe ,if somebody develope samp, then the developer can add a feature in SAMP: Only WiFi, so you can only play SAMP with Wifi, or you can do a Ping check, and if the ping is higher than 1000(or whatever) you can get a warning, or its not possible to connect its adjustable or whatever.

Hope to get this done in the future
No..

Dude what will that look on? Airbreaking with Samsung, crack shooting with Sony, mapping with tablet... And lag. No.

I could only imagine writing to the chat with speech recognition. It's not a bad idea, it can increase SA-MPs popularity quite a bit but as someone stated. DMing would be far impossible without blisters or burn marks on your fingers.

* click chat tab
* start talking over your device's mike

Never the less. PC for SA-MP, foeva'.