What do you do when you are lucid dreaming?

What is Lucid dreaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBeavis
Посмотреть сообщение
What is Lucid dreaming?
Ability to understand you're dreaming whilst you're dreaming, and if you manage to do that you can pretty much dream about anything, like climbing a huge mountain or flying over New York on a banana-powered monkey.

On Topic: Lucid dreams are pretty common for me, whenever I see something strange in my dreams I understand that I'm dreaming, yet then there's a big chance of me waking up. If I manage to stay asleep, I usually interact with stuff around my dream as I please. I love when there's girls nearby in lucid dreams, ohohohoh *boner*.

I want to try it, but I'm too fucking scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение

No one can guarantee that you get back from a lucid dream. If your soul travels through the space of variations in sector that is realized, you can materialize in that sector and vanish from this reality, can you imagine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение

Nothing bad could possibly happen. The dream world is not the same as the real world (Although sometimes i want it to be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youarex
Посмотреть сообщение
No one can guarantee that you get back from a lucid dream. If your soul travels through the space of variations in sector that is realized, you can materialize in that sector and vanish from this reality, can you imagine?
You do watch alot of movies , Yea?

Anyway - My question is , How to TRY it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRRoT
Посмотреть сообщение

The thing is, there is no such thing as 'trying' a lucid dream. It takes quite alot of practice. You need to keep dreamlogs and try to remember your dreams as much as possible to the point where you can remember them quite clearly. After this you can start practicing on actually realizing you're in the dream, and maybe even try to control it if it does happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
The thing is, there is no such thing as 'trying' a lucid dream. It takes quite alot of practice. You need to keep dreamlogs and try to remember your dreams as much as possible to the point where you can remember them quite clearly. After this you can start practicing on actually realizing you're in the dream, and maybe even try to control it if it does happen.
You don't necessarily need to remember your dreams. While dreaming, you must be able to have that tiny bit of conscience to determine what's real and what's not. I know someone who's been trying it for 3 years now but without any luck, while there are people who do it within months. The conscience bit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBLy7rqp60[/ame]

I think this is the best way to try, not sure if it really works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
Посмотреть сообщение
Nothing bad could possibly happen. The dream world is not the same as the real world (Although sometimes i want it to be)
Dreams are not imaginations, the mind really does see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CaRRoT
Посмотреть сообщение

Romantic comedies most of the time, why? You don't have to try or strive to get something you want. You can get what you want, not by changing yourself, but by returning to yourself, raising the level of your consciousness and presence in every moment – here and now.

I have them like 2-3 Times weekly, never get trapped amazingly, i can wake myself up if i feel i'm going to far into one, best thing is that i can remember them afterwards sometimes i get it mixed with reality and ask "Did this happen blah blah" they would say "No" obviously i would be freaked out then remember it was in my dreams.

Lucid Dreaming is the #1 way to feel control over yourself if you ask me.... Every time i have one my anger disappears for that day.

I don't practice for one i just let it happen, it's to much work to force yourself to have one because then once you get one you will never want to leave aka becoming en-trapped inside of it, obviously you can be knocked the fuck out of the dream by someone waking you up REALLY hardcore like, shaking your body or YELLING or playing loud stuff.... Never gone to far like i said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't necessarily need to remember your dreams. While dreaming, you must be able to have that tiny bit of conscience to determine what's real and what's not. I know someone who's been trying it for 3 years now but without any luck, while there are people who do it within months. The conscience bit.
I know but it helps alot, I haven't had a dream in wich I had full control in months. I think that's because I quit remembering what I've dreamt the night before.

Just saying for those who want to try this:

Yes, it would be pretty cool to create your own dreams, but the first attempts on doing so could end up awful. There are many stories of people having extremely bad nightmares when trying to.

When you are dreaming, your body is completely paralysed, to prevent you from hurting yourself. When you start a lucid dream, you might dream about yourself laying in that bed with your eyes open. You can't control your dream yet, so you just dream about yourself being paralysed. Then you will start to see ghosts/demons/weird moving shadows. And since you cannot move your body, it will be a pretty scary encounter.

These are stories I read on a thread about lucid dreaming somewhere else. I only once had a lucid dream. I could control it slightly then.

I have never had one.. dayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
I know but it helps alot, I haven't had a dream in wich I had full control in months. I think that's because I quit remembering what I've dreamt the night before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, it would be pretty cool to create your own dreams, but the first attempts on doing so could end up awful. There are many stories of people having extremely bad nightmares when trying to.
If you can't remember what you dreamed of, you should determine the direction in which you are lying. It's better to sleep head oriented to the north. You can not sleep to the west, it causes bad dreams and it is harmful to your health. I can not really explain why this happens. This is due to the Earth's magnetic field. Place yourself head to the north, and you make sure that your dreams become interesting and colorful.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If you can't remember what you dreamed of, you should determine the direction in which you are lying. It's better to sleep head oriented to the north. You can not sleep to the west, it causes bad dreams and it is harmful to your health. I can not really explain why this happens. This is due to the Earth's magnetic field. Place yourself head to the north, and you make sure that your dreams become interesting and colorful.
LMAO! You are funny guy.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Dreams are just normal unconscious brain activities used to prepare ourselves in real life. It's also a way to know how an individual feels or what mental image is being formed about themselves. During a lucid dream, the decision making centers of brain are active whereas in regular dreams its not. Some researchers also say that dream is our brain's way of organizing important memories and clearing bad or unnecessary ones. Can be a reason why we are juggled with random scenes. And everything you see while dream is something you've already seen in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLEOMAX
Посмотреть сообщение
And everything you see while dream is something you've already seen in real life.
Well, that is your experience. I have seen dreams beyond the concepts that my brain has at its disposal. When dreaming, I can see images which might be coming from out of this world – things which I know for sure I have never experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLEOMAX
Посмотреть сообщение
And everything you see while dream is something you've already seen in real life.
This is somewhat correct. Not the dream specifically, but the people/faces/creatures you see are the ones your brain already knew. Your brain is incapable of creating new detailed faces, while it CAN create random background images.

More experienced 'lucid dreamers' are sometimes able to create their own envoirment, however not the people/creatures themselfs.

As IKKE said, there is lucid dreaming, but also lucid nightmares. Something to be aware about is an horrifying experience called 'sleep paralysis' in wich the person is half-asleep but still dreaming.
In some cases people could see the monsters from their nightmares in their room but they could not move or scream.

Anyway, lucid dreaming can be awesome but be prepared to get scared shitless at some point.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение