[Tool/Web/Other] Remote Administrator 0.2 - The Ultimate Remote Administration Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris White
Посмотреть сообщение
It doesn't work, and idk why.
I'm using these plugins:
streamer socket sscanf
and am using these FSs:
yom_buttons remoteadmin

Tried to log in with username admin and password admin, but still, nothing works. It doesn't want to connect.
Please help me out with this, thank you!
You have to make sure you give the server access to allow connections on a new port specifically for this application. The default is set to 9890 (TCP) and if that is not applicable for you, please open the filterscript, change the port and compile it again.

hmm when i connect to : remote administrator it says

No Connection Could be Made because the Target machine actively refused it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaz
Посмотреть сообщение
hmm when i connect to : remote administrator it says

No Connection Could be Made because the Target machine actively refused it
If you're using shared hosting you might need to ask them about setting it up because they will probably be blocking ports that are not in use.

If not, make sure that the port you have selected in the filterscript (default 9890) has been forwarded and is not in use by anything else on the server. If it is in use by something else on the server, you will see this error in the server_log.txt: "socket_listen(): Socket has failed to bind on port 9890."

Again, can't be sure about how this will work with shared hosting, they will have restrictions on what you can/can't do and I doubt they'll let you use ports randomly, so you'll probably need to make a request to them to specifically allow this.

it whows me an error when i connect! In russian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasha97
Посмотреть сообщение
it whows me an error when i connect! In russian!
Well I can't help if you don't show me what error it was, Russian or not maybe I can get some information from it

Yea sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
Посмотреть сообщение
It's installed using the ClickOnce system, so it will end up in:

%AppData%\Local\Apps\2.0\<obfuscated>\<obfuscated> \

You can un-install it using the standard Add/Remove Programs tool from the Control Panel.
I used add/remove programs and removed the files then manually removed the files that had the same installation date as i installed this program then i try to start setup.exe to reinstall and it says "Cannot start application program. Contact application program owner."
Please how can I fix this

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NWA]Hannes
Посмотреть сообщение
I used add/remove programs and removed the files then manually removed the files that had the same installation date as i installed this program then i try to start setup.exe to reinstall and it says "Cannot start application program. Contact application program owner."
Please how can I fix this
Try downloading it again.

I'm not sure why that would happen, it worked fine for me when I un-installed and re-installed it. I'm not sure why you manually went around removing files though, are you sure you didn't remove something crucial?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Try downloading it again.

I'm not sure why that would happen, it worked fine for me when I un-installed and re-installed it. I'm not sure why you manually went around removing files though, are you sure you didn't remove something crucial?
Phew, the files I removed was still in my trash bin. I restored all files and removed it through add/remove programs and reinstalled it, but I still get the error I got before...

Код:
System.FormatException: Data string had a wrong format.
   vid System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   vid System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   vid System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   vid RemoteAdmins.frmConnect.UpdateText(String result)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Phew, the files I removed was still in my trash bin. I restored all files and removed it through add/remove programs and reinstalled it, but I still get the error I got before...

Код:
System.FormatException: Data string had a wrong format.
   vid System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   vid System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   vid System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   vid RemoteAdmins.frmConnect.UpdateText(String result)
Can you tell me exactly when that happens? Re-installing will not fix that, it's a problem with the code.

It'll help me find it if you tell me what steps you took before it happened.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you tell me exactly when that happens? Re-installing will not fix that, it's a problem with the code.

It'll help me find it if you tell me what steps you took before it happened.
Ok this is in order

I make a new account called RemoteAdmin.
I remove the old account called admin.
I go into the filterscript and change "%s on RA:" to "%s:" on row 260.
I change the colour of the define ADMIN_COLOUR_D to FF66FF
I restart my server and get that error.
Try reinstall - dont work.
Clean script unedited - dont work.

I didnt do anything special with the code

Yes but at what point does it happen in the program? When you're logging in? When you've logged in? What are you doing in the application when that happens?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes but at what point does it happen in the program? When you're logging in? When you've logged in? What are you doing in the application when that happens?
When I try to login.

IP Adress: 127.0.0.1
Port: 7778

Username: admin
Password: admin

*Press Connect*

Get the error :/

(Got this in script)
pawn Код:
#define SOCKET_PORT 7778

// Uncomment this define if you have a bind error.
#define SOCKET_BIND "127.0.0.1"

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
When I try to login.

IP Adress: 127.0.0.1
Port: 7778

Username: admin
Password: admin

*Press Connect*

Get the error :/

(Got this in script)
pawn Код:
#define SOCKET_PORT 7778

// Uncomment this define if you have a bind error.
#define SOCKET_BIND "127.0.0.1"
Do you have any players connected? Could you join the server and then try connecting using the application please? Thanks.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Do you have any players connected? Could you join the server and then try connecting using the application please? Thanks.
Hmm, There was one player connected, but after I told him to leave he left, then I restarted server and it worked...
There is also a bot always online on the server, it works without players but with bot online.
I try to join server and then run program - get error.
I exit it, I leave the server and then run program again - no error.

EDIT: Thanks for the fix JaToch, your the best!

Okay, the issues were solved and an update was issued, thanks to Hannes for finding the issue

Awesome work!

Why not a PVAR modifier? Would be a nice addin

are there any updated files for 0.3e chat dont get sent to the program and i like all admin reports and /cmds to be sent to it also a way to set server side admin level would be nice this would be realy nice if it worked for me

Updated
  • You can now see a list of commands using /cmds, /help or /commands (in the application)
  • The old filterscript that made use of sscanf1 is now deprecated as it is insecure, this means you require sscanf2 to make use of any updates from this point on.
  • Personal chat input history added, you can scroll up to 10 messages back using the up and down arrow keys
  • You can now use the TAB key while typing to finish names (for example if a player named "Y_Less" was in the server, I could type "Y", press TAB and it would finish it for me)
  • You can now edit in-game PVars using /setpvar in the chat, it will automatically distinguish between integers and strings accordingly
  • Added check in-case user uses split character in command, which would've caused issues if passed
  • Changed weapon ID's in the PlayerInfo form to a list of selectable weapon names
Note: To make use of the new PVar command, you need to use the latest filterscript (source), if you do not update, this feature will not work.