[QUESTION] PlayerTextDraw

If you still need arrays, then what's the point of these new PlayerText things? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

You got rid of the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
If you still need arrays, then what's the point of these new PlayerText things? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
How else is it meant to work? It's not made to save variables, it's made to get around the textdraw limit.

this is simple,

if your making a text draw that EVERY player will see then it should be a global.
like a welcome message / gui or the likes, this is 1 TD that all players can see.

if your making like a stats TD, well this would be different for each player and you may want to use
the PlayerTextDraw functions.

so now you can have 2048 global TDs that you can show to any player,
and you get 256 more textdraws for each player.

so instead of making an array for the players using a global TD
theres no need!!!, if you got 500 players and make a global TD array then thats gonna use 500 TD's
User the player TD functions you only take 1 spot out of the 256 per player instead of 500 out of 2048 global.

now for storing the IDs of the player textdraws yes you might need an array depending on how
your implementing it and what your trying to achieve.

256 textdraws *800 players =204800, that's way more then 2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentim
Посмотреть сообщение
256 textdraws *800 players =204800, that's way more then 2048

All people who thinks no need an array: You need only play (no scripting) or learn the basics of programming.

I still can't be sure whether an array should be used or not.

They both work, why need an array then? Can someone elaborate and maybe even simulate a case that would require working with an array?

Why When I Use This PlayerTextDraw
And When I Compile
Its Saying Unfined Sumbol "PlayerTextDraw"
Can Anyone Help Me Please