Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCat
View Post
pawn Code:
SetVVarInt(vehicleid, intname[], int);
Use GVar plugin.

pawn Code:
GivePlayerDamage(issuerid, targetid, Float:Amount);
This function would be usefull used with "OnPlayerTakeDamage" for ammo systems eg, armour piercing. So that OnPlayerDeath gets called correctly when a player dies. For example if you take extra health when a player is hit (SetPlayerHealth) and the player dies OnPlayerDeath gets called with INVALID_PLAYER_ID as killerid. Not good for stats ect. There are workarounds but a native function would be better.

EG,
pawn Code:
public OnPlayerTakeDamage(playerid, issuerid, Float: amount, weaponid)
{
    if(gHasHollowPoint[issuerid])
    {
        GivePlayerDamage(issuerid, playerid, 10.0);
        //if player dies OnPlayerDeath gets called correct
    }
    return 1;
}

How about to remove original area sounds, like in Alhambra, Jizzy etc

return PutPlayerInVehicle(playerid, vehicleid, 1); for boats, very needed.

I'm not going to suggest any functions, but I'd like to suggest some HH protection and anti lag shoot.

Well, to solve HHers, you can link the player health to the server, not the game, so you can't hack it, just like score. As far as I know, some online games do that.

For lag shoot, how about you link players to your screen, for example, when you hit a player on your screen, he will take damage, even though he is not hit on his screen. So, as soon as blood comes out, it adds damage to the player.

If these two could be done, I'd be thankful.

Also, maybe you can make these toggle-able?
pawn Code:
ToggleLagshoot( 0/1 );
ToggleServerHealth( 0/1 );

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
View Post
I'm not going to suggest any functions, but I'd like to suggest some HH protection and anti lag shoot.
Then why did you?

Quote:

Also, maybe you can make these toggle-able?
pawn Code:
ToggleLagshoot( 0/1 );
ToggleServerHealth( 0/1 );
Quote:

Well, to solve HHers, you can link the player health to the server, not the game, so you can't hack it, just like score. As far as I know, some online games do that.

Games that aren't forced to memory hack.

Quote:

For lag shoot, how about you link players to your screen, for example, when you hit a player on your screen, he will take damage, even though he is not hit on his screen. So, as soon as blood comes out, it adds damage to the player.

That's just a hell of a lot more vulnerable to hacking, and would ruin sync completely.

Quote:

ToggleLagshoot

This is pointless and would never work, there is always going to be lag, you can't just "toggle" it.

Maybe, you should research a bit before you post a suggestion.

ApplyDamageToVehicle(vehicleid, partid, damagestatus);

Basically allows you to damage a door etc to the point it's either smashed or removed completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
Then why did you?

Games that aren't forced to memory hack.

That's just a hell of a lot more vulnerable to hacking, and would ruin sync completely.

This is pointless and would never work, there is always going to be lag, you can't just "toggle" it.

Maybe, you should research a bit before you post a suggestion.
Games such as Call of Duty link the hits to your screen, and I haven't seen a single hack for that. Same goes for health linking.
Also, ToggleLagShoot would toggle bullet linking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
View Post
Games such as Call of Duty link the hits to your screen and I haven‘t seen a single hack for that. Same goes for health linking.
Also, ToggleLagShoot would toggle bullet linking.
They compare the offsets in distance from your client and the affected player's client and then make an estimated (yet usually accurate) confirmation on whether the player should lose damage or not, they do not just rely on that single factor.

And this isn't Call of Duty, this mod is programmed primarily through memory hacking techniques.

Spawn Trains with CreateVehicle

few characters longer name. Also when it says nickname unavaible /q,box should appear to ask to enter New nickname and then auto connect again.

Speed limit road signs, would be handy as we have a speed camera but no clean way of displaying the speed limit.

Edit: Would also love to see a vice city style textdraw font!

attach camera to vehicle, for other cameras, or another thing

I'd like to see some cool camera functions, I was doing a bit of filming the other day using Sandra's CamHack scriptand it just wasn't smooth enough, and speeding up the timer doesn't work because it's networked rather than clientside.

Something like MoveCameraLookat and MoveCameraPos would be enough.
Maybe attach functions but I'd prioritise those first two

adding a folder to upload and show the videos and pictures...
and... private and public voice chat
and... include more new skins
and... create chat dialogs for PM and messaging

Just out of the blue, couldn't we have a new client design? The current one's been used since 0.1, and I think a new look (Just a refresh, glossy images and such) would be a nice addition.

famfamfam silk icon pack integrated in to the client as textdraws.

Saving the nickname to sa-mp.cfg. Was going to write a batch to switch nicknames for my little brother and it turns out I have to dick around with the registry. I have no idea why such basic information can't be kept in the cfg file.

\u and \b for Dialoges.

ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, DIALOG_INFO, DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX, "Test", "\uHello\u\nThe \"Hello\" is underlined.\n \bLOL\b And this LOL is big.", "OK", "CLOSE");