[Include] [BETA] BUD - Blazing User DB

When you have for example 4 chars in the string (the part you see), like "Luka", it is actually 5 chars because compiler converts the code to "Luka\0", to end the string. So if you're using s[5] you can only get 4 chars, not 5 (actually you get 5 chars, but the last one is string terminator).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka P.
Посмотреть сообщение
When you have for example 4 chars in the string (the part you see), like "Luka", it is actually 5 chars because compiler converts the code to "Luka\0", to end the string. So if you're using s[5] you can only get 4 chars, not 5 (actually you get 5 chars, but the last one is string terminator).
I knew about '\0', but I thought the size is the number of chars you want to copy, not the array size.

String = nothing but a array.

@MrDeath, it's still among the 3 slowest methods of copying strings.

There actually has to be a bug. Because if you declare for example:
pawn Код:
new arr[5];
You can assign 0,1,2,3,4 and 5 is \0

Which makes it:
pawn Код:
arr[0]='a';
arr[1]='b';
arr[2]='c';
arr[3]='d';
arr[4]='e';
So, either way, you must of started with 1 instead of 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo
Посмотреть сообщение
There actually has to be a bug. Because if you declare for example:
pawn Код:
new arr[5];
You can assign 0,1,2,3,4 and 5 is \0

Which makes it:
pawn Код:
arr[0]='a';
arr[1]='b';
arr[2]='c';
arr[3]='d';
arr[4]='e';
So, either way, you must of started with 1 instead of 0.
No. In PAWN, strings are zero-terminated; this means when a string is being read by, for example, a function, it will read the string until it finds a null-character. If you declare a string like you just did, printing out that string will most likely have lots of other characters after itself.

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. Here's the answer to it:
When you declare an array, it will create the number of slots you specify; therefore, arr[5] will have 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Extremly usefull and shockingly easy to use include. Takes the ball-ache straight out of creating sqlite databases. Thanks g_aSlice great code. Using now, will report bugs. (if any)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy1
Посмотреть сообщение
Extremly usefull and shockingly easy to use include. Takes the ball-ache straight out of creating sqlite databases. Thanks g_aSlice great code. Using now, will report bugs. (if any)
Are you still using it? How's that going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you still using it? How's that going?
Yep still using it. Works like a charm. I'll let you know if i run into any problems

Well.. a few people are using this in their gamemode without any problems, so I'm not sure what to update.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well.. a few people are using this in their gamemode without any problems, so I'm not sure what to update.
Thats what I meant with "Update on what?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiaZ_
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats what I meant with "Update on what?".
Quote:

// BUD::VerifyColumn( "rawdata", BUD::TYPE_BINARY ); // Not yet supported

BUD::TYPE_BINARY?

Quote:

When I'm done with this, I will make something similar, but more powerful, for MySQL. You won't have to change a line of code to switch to the MySQL version (once it's finished) if you're using this.

MySQL version?

Update
  • BUD::GetNamesForSortedData now behaves properly.
  • Speed improvements in BUD::MultiGet.

..yes.. a minor update.

The MySQL version won't happen, because the step from a simple user system (which BUD aims to be) to a MySQL user system is too big. It would require refactoring a lot of code as any good use of the MySQL plugins is taking advantage of the threaded functionality.
BUD::TYPE_BINARY might come in the future, depends on whether or not I find a good way to store the raw array data without wasting lots of space.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Update
  • BUD::GetNamesForSortedData now behaves properly.
  • Speed improvements in BUD::MultiGet.

..yes.. a minor update.

The MySQL version won't happen, because the step from a simple user system (which BUD aims to be) to a MySQL user system is too big. It would require refactoring a lot of code as any good use of the MySQL plugins is taking advantage of the threaded functionality.
BUD::TYPE_BINARY might come in the future, depends on whether or not I find a good way to store the raw array data without wasting lots of space.
sqlite is great imo and it's native, the use of unofficial plugins makes me nervous.

Great script.

<deleted>

EDIT:NEVERMIND!!

I accidentaly skipped this define while I was configuring BUD.inc.
pawn Код:
#if !defined BUD_MAX_COLUMNS
    #define BUD_MAX_COLUMNS  (30)

I updated it so it won't crash when there are too many columns in the database. It'll just tell you to increase BUD_MAX_COLUMNS.

Strangely, pawncc.exe crashes when I include the new bud.inc in a blank script.
Has this happened to anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBetaFox
Посмотреть сообщение
Strangely, pawncc.exe crashes when I include the new bud.inc in a blank script.
Has this happened to anyone?
@******: Looks interesting.. May I alter & use that in BUD?

What other things do you include first? Also, are you using Pawno, Notepad++, or that excuse of an IDE called QuickPawn?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
What other things do you include first? Also, are you using Pawno, Notepad++, or that excuse of an IDE called QuickPawn?
I'm using Notepad++, and since it's just the default new.pwn, the only other thing included is a_samp.inc. I find it strange - it happens to me only on blank scripts.
Also, I once got around 22-28 errors from the include itself. I recompiled the gamemode and then it worked.

....I think this would rather be more pawncc.exe's fault, though. It doesn't seem to like Windows 8.

This uses SQLite, you just need to use the functions and BUD takes care of everything else. You can use PDO or the sqlite3_* functions in PHP to connect to the database (which will be in your "scriptfiles" folder).