[Manual] Creating static lighting for an object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozu
View Post
Vertex color blending only gives you a solid day and night time color where the color transitions instantly between day and night and doesn't provide ray tracing like 3DS Max's radiosity solution.

I wouldn't recommend using vertex paint to paint the object to give that fake sun glare effect; you would get better results setting up omni lights in your radiosity solution.

I'd recommend 3DS Max 2012 for GTA SA plug-in support.

If anyone is interested in using radiosity in 3DS Max this will help you out: https://gtaforums.com/topic/273217-3...nced-lighting/

If you have any questions or need help feel free to ask me.
i've been using vertex paint for years, and so have many people who have been making environment mods before 0.3DL came about. r* used vertex paint on buildings, and didn't directly bake radiosity into their models lol

model and neon sign i made with vertex color and illumination painting, not radiosity, including a TOBJ

models adjusted to have better lighting, once again through vertex painting

radiosity works well for getting an initial bake, but you'll still need to touch it up with vertex paint if you want to add lighting variation to your model, and don't want it to look like shit.

Messages In This Thread