What do you think of a Last Man Standing Survival type server?

We are planning to bring a gamemode and a server where 10-30 players join and try to be the last one alive. This would not work like a regular survival gamemode nor like a regular deathmatch gamemode. It would work like Survivor Gamez in DayZ and like Battle Royale in ArmA III.

It would be round-based and competitive. And we would probably implement weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards both on server and the website, and the best could be rewarded with some symbolic things, such as forum titles, sprites, custom avatars, special discounts, etc.

Precisely how it would or could work:
There would be preparation phase for 3, 5 or 10 minutes and until at least 10 players join, maximum would be 30 or 50. Then players would be dropped off from a plane, and it is up to them where to land. The map would be limited to a certain large area, such as area around Mount Chilliad, Tierra Robada, custom island or LV desert. Players would have to find body armor, clothes, helmets, weapons, medical kits, etc. 3-5 minutes in a circle would appear to limit the play area. Every 5 minutes the play area would get smaller. We might be even thinking of adding random air strike zones. But it is all up to a beta test where we will have to find a balance, as it is impossible to guess how things are going to play.

I have not seen something like this in SA-MP yet. Currently we are busy with another project, our scripters and most of our developers are, but, if we find someone able to script, I will take my spare time to help out, for sure. So, this project will happen, we just don't know when, and we don't know exactly how will it be executed (the plan may change completely).

I'm here for these very questions:
What do you think?
Good or bad?
Granted to succeed or doomed to fail?
Would you join and play?
Concerns?

And, please, don't hesitate to criticize anything.

Messages In This Thread