things to keep in mind, while coding!

what am I trying to accomplish?
I am trying to push for a new sub-forum, a very detailed and always up-to-date sub-forum. where information from other sub-forums/threads could be organized and also explains in very good detail. making every single thread useful and a must read. no longer will amazing tutorials or great advice/code will be wasted. (or you know... skipped)

this will also be perfect for old threads, I will personally to go over each and every thread if needed and I will extract as much useful information as I can. and if possible we could place this in one place where everybody can see
. people will no longer have to keep going back and back to very old threads. just to see if there is any useful information they could learn from.
( keep in mind I am human, a human that needs rest and a lot of Red Bull)

Why?
to keep everything organized, clean, easy to find, easy to update and also no longer will great code/advice be hidden/wasted inside a crappy thread on page number (55)

Sub-forum description
Warning: I will just describe what they will accomplish

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
We could also have, feature explanations... for the more complex features.

We could have an UPDATED common object ID list thread.

We could have a useful textures thread.

We could have how to upgrade to the best threads (although these exist, may duplicate or quote them... or just rewrite them).
-we could also have a thread that will keep players informed about things that they should know about. "example if you restart your modem and you have DSL you will automatically get a new IP address"

Useful functions

-a very detailed list of things you should not forget while you're coding, from things that are easily forgotten that cause errors. to huge security holes.
Quote:

OnPlayerCommandText requires 0 to be returned if a command isn't found, so that the callback will search through the other loaded scripts for an existing command. Returning 1 signals that the command has been found and the callback does not require calling in other scripts. This is different for other callbacks such as OnPlayerConnect, in which 1 must be returned for it to be called in other scripts. This is not the case for any other callback

-------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
You could flag these errors, as atleast when I was more active on the forum these would pop up atleast once a day: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=59486

All I think of those errors in Scripting still exist, and workarounds need to be made. You could detail the work around and give the code snippets. (would require an entire thread really, which is why you need a sub-forum).

You could make Plugin/Include recommendations, along with speed comparisons with the ones you are recommending (would require an entire thread really, which is why you need a sub-forum).

I can't think of much else it's 04:10 . But theres so much you can put here, and it would load soo much... it would be better a sub-forum :P.

Messages In This Thread
things to keep in mind, while coding! - by Dotayuri - 28.08.2014, 00:27
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by Dotayuri - 28.08.2014, 00:31
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by IceCube! - 28.08.2014, 00:38
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by Dotayuri - 28.08.2014, 00:43
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by IceCube! - 28.08.2014, 00:53
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by Dotayuri - 28.08.2014, 00:53
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by IceCube! - 28.08.2014, 00:56
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by Dotayuri - 28.08.2014, 00:56
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by IceCube! - 28.08.2014, 01:05
Re: things to keep in mind, while coding! - by Dotayuri - 28.08.2014, 01:07