Switching audio in & audio out?

Hey all,

I've been facing this problem for quite some time now and I've also been Googling a lot but still haven't been successful so I figured I could try posting here, here's the issue;
My laptop was on my bed with a cable in the 3.5mm jack out because it was playing music over a surround set, it somehow fell off and it broke the 3.5mm jack entrance in pieces and now I'm obviously not able to use headphones nor the surround set anymore.

I'm wondering if I can somehow change the microphone 3.5mm jack (Audio in) to audio out as I never use an external microphone (Laptop has one built in and it works just fine), closest I've been to successfully doing so was by using regedit but when I reboot my laptop all the changes I made in regedit before the reboot are restored to their default values. Someone also told me I could check wether the 3.5mm jacks are onboard and else I could try switching their cables but I think it are onboard jacks so I'm really looking for a solution without having to fuck around with the hardware.

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated, have been struggling with the issue for months and in SA-MP it's not such a big problem but in competetive first person shooters it's quite annoying not to have decent sound.

PS; I'm also trying to avoid an external soundcard not because it costs money (Because they aren't that expensive) but more because my laptop travels quite a lot and I'm pretty sure I would lose it somehow.

Best regards,
Jesse

Messages In This Thread
Switching audio in & audio out? - by jessejanssen - 02.04.2014, 00:31
Re: Switching audio in & audio out? - by Kwarde - 03.04.2014, 04:51
Re: Switching audio in & audio out? - by MMOSlot - 04.04.2014, 14:06
Re: Switching audio in & audio out? - by jessejanssen - 04.04.2014, 14:29
Re: Switching audio in & audio out? - by nicho58 - 07.04.2014, 17:41