[Tutorial] Making a mute system

Introduction:

This is a mute system, where RCON logged in admins can use these commands, but you can simply change the commands to whatever you want.

Downloads:

sscanf2
ZCMD

Tutorial: The top of your script:

At the top of your script, under #include <a_samp> you need to add the following:

pawn Code:
#include <sscanf2> // include the sscanf file
#include <zcmd> // include the zcmd file

new Mute[MAX_PLAYERS]; // global variable to check if a player is muted

forward SecondTimer(); // timer that we will be using that will tick second-by-second
Tutorial: OnGameModeInit:

Here, you will need to start the timer that will tick every 1 second at a repeating fashion.

pawn Code:
public OnGameModeInit()
{
    SetTimer("SecondTimer", 1000, true); // this will initiate the timer
    return 1; // don't put this line if you've already got return 1 at the bottom of your OnGameModeInit
}
Tutorial: Our custom callback:

Now, we forwarded our SecondTimer, so now it's time to make a callback out of it, as follows:

pawn Code:
public SecondTimer()
{
    for(new i = 0; i < MAX_PLAYERS; i ++) // loops all the players
    {
        if(IsPlayerConnected(i)) // will check if the player is connected
        {
            if(Mute[i] >= 1) // will check if their mute time is equal or above to 1
            {
                Mute[i] --; // if it is, then it will minus the mute time by 1 second
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}
Ok, so that's our callback done that will tick automatically every second.

Tutorial: OnPlayerDisconnect:

If a player disconnects whilst having a mute, then it will do the following:

pawn Code:
public OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid, reason)
{
    if(Mute[playerid] >= 1) // will check if the player was muted
    {
        new mutename[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], string[100]; // creates a few new public variables
        GetPlayerName(playerid, mutename, sizeof(mutename)); // retrieve the player name
        format(string, sizeof(string), "%s just left the game with a remaining mute time of %d seconds", mutename, Mute[playerid]); // will set the string that we'll use
        for(new i = 0; i <= MAX_PLAYERS; i ++) // again, loops all the players
        {
            if(IsPlayerConnected(i) && IsPlayerAdmin(i)) // check if the player is connected and if they're an RCON admin
            {
                SendClientMessage(i, 0xAFAFAFFF, string); // send the message to the player
            }
        }
    }
    Mute[playerid] = 0; // this will reset the mute time, so the next person that logs in with the same ID won't suffer a mute
    return 1; // don't add this line if you've already got it at the bottom of your OnPlayerDisconnect
}
So, now, that will send a message to all the RCON admins online telling them the name of the person and that they quit whilst they had an outstanding mute time of more than 0 seconds.

Tutorial: OnPlayerText:

For this part of the tutorial, we need to get the player to stop talking if he's muted already, so this is what we'll do:

pawn Code:
OnPlayerText(playerid, text[])
{
    if(Mute[playerid] >= 1) // check if the player is muted
    {
        new string[50]; // creates a new variable
        format(string, sizeof(string), "You're muted for another %d seconds.", Mute[playerid]); // sets the string
        SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, string); // sends the message
        return 0; // this is crucial, by returning 0 here it will stop the player from being able to talk
    }
    return 1; // don't put this here if you've already got it at the bottom of your OnPlayerText.
}
So, here, if the player tries to talk, it will stop the player from talking and send them a message stating that they can't talk because they're muted and how much longer they're muted for.

Tutorial: Command /mute:

Let's start creating the commands, these will be available to RCON admins, but you can change them to your own variables:

pawn Code:
CMD:mute(playerid, params[])
{
    if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return 0; // returns "SERVER: Unknown command." if the player is not an RCON admin
    new giveplayerid, reason[50], string[120], minutes, pname1[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], pname2[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // declares a few new variables
    if(sscanf(params, "uds[50]", giveplayerid, minutes, reason)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "Correct usage: /mute [playerid/name] [time in minutes] [reason]"); // returns this message if the player typed an incorrect syntax
    if(giveplayerid == INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "Player not connected."); // returns this message if the receiver player is not connected
    GetPlayerName(playerid, pname1, sizeof(pname1)); // get the sender name
    GetPlayerName(giveplayerid, pname2, sizeof(pname2)); // get the receiver name
    format(string, sizeof(string), "%s (%d) was muted for %d minutes by admin %s (%d), reason: %s", pname2, giveplayerid, minutes, pname1, playerid, reason); // sets the string
    SendClientMessageToAll(0xFFFFFFFF, string); // sends a global message
    new calc = minutes*60; // calculates the seconds
    Mute[giveplayerid] = calc; // sets the mute time to the calculated value
    GameTextForPlayer(giveplayerid, "~r~muted~n~~w~check the chat", 5000, 6); // 5 second game text for the receiver that got the mute informing him to check the chat for information about the mute
    return 1;
}
So, now, we have the /mute command.

Tutorial: Command /unmute:

Let's make an unmute command, just incase you might need it:

pawn Code:
CMD:unmute(playerid, params[])
{

if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return 0;
    new giveplayerid, reason[50], string[120]; // variables
    if(sscanf(params, "us[50]", giveplayerid, reason)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "{FFFF00}Syntax: /unmute [playerid/name] [reason]"); // syntax check
    if(giveplayerid == INVALID_PLAYER_ID) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "{FFFF00}Player not connected."); // player not connected
    new pname1[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], pname2[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // more variables
    GetPlayerName(playerid, pname1, sizeof(pname1)); // gets the senders name
    GetPlayerName(giveplayerid, pname2, sizeof(pname2)); // gets the receivers name
    format(string, sizeof(string), "%s (%d) was unmuted by %s (%d), reason: %s", pname2, giveplayerid, pname1, playerid, reason); // sets the string
    SendClientMessageToAll(0xFFFFFFFF, string); // sends everyone the message that was string'd
    Mute[giveplayerid] = 0; // sets the mute of the other player to 0
    GameTextForPlayer(giveplayerid, "~g~unmuted~n~~w~check the chat", 5000, 6); // game text for the other player informing them that his mute has been taken off him
    return 1;
}
That was the unmute command for you.

Tutorial: Command /mymute:

This is just gonna be a simple command telling the player how much time he has to wait until their auto-unmute:

pawn Code:
CMD:mymute(playerid, params[])
{
    if(Mute[playerid] <= 0) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "{FFFF00}You're not muted at the moment."); // checks if the player is muted, if not, it will return that message
    new string[50]; // new variable
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "|__________ My Mute __________|"); // sends a base message
    format(string, sizeof(string), "%d seconds remain from your mute.", Mute[playerid]); // sets the string
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, string); // sends the string'd message
    return 1;
}
That was just an addition if you needed it, or wanted it for any reason.

Tutorial: Command /mutelist:

This command would show all the players online who are muted, you can do this as follows:

pawn Code:
CMD:mutelist(playerid, params[])
{
    new iname[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], string[120], count; // new variables
    for(new i = 0; i < MAX_PLAYERS; i++) // loops all the players
    {
        if(IsPlayerConnected(i)) // checks if the player is connected
        {
            if(Mute[i] >= 1) // checks if the looped player is muted at the moment
            {
                GetPlayerName(i, iname, sizeof(iname)); // if they are, this retrieves the name
                format(string, sizeof(string), "%s (%d) - %d seconds remaining", iname, i, Mute[i]); // sets the string
                count++; // puts the count to a ++ value, you'll see why further down
            }
        }
    }
    if(count == 0) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "There are no muted players online."); // if there are no muted players online, it'll return this message
    if(count == 1) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "There is 1 player who is muted online."); // if there's just 1 muted player online, it'll returns this message
    if(count >= 2) // if there are more than 1 muted players online, the following will occur
    {
        format(string, sizeof(string), "There are %d amount of players who are online and muted.", count); // sets the string
    }
    return 1;
}
That was another optional command that you might want to add to your server too.

Tutorial: Command /unmuteall:

Sometimes, it's a pain unmuting everyone if you ever wanted to, so let's use this method instead of making a command as follows:

pawn Code:
CMD:unmuteall(playerid, params[])
{
    if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "{FFFF00}Only admins can use this command."); // checks if the sender is an RCON logged in admin
    new count, string[120]; // new variables
    for(new i = 0; i < MAX_PLAYERS; i++) // loops all the players one-by-one
    {
        if(IsPlayerConnected(i)) // checks if the player is connected
        {
            if(Mute[i] >= 1) // if the looped player has a mute time more than 0
            {
                count++; // the count will go up
                Mute[i] = 0; // and the mute time will be set to 0
            }
        }
    }
    new uname[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // this is the name of the sender
    GetPlayerName(playerid, uname, sizeof(uname)); // this will get the playerid (sender)'s name
    format(string, sizeof(string), "%d players have been admin-unmuted by %s (%d)", count, uname, playerid); // sets the string to say how many players were unmuted and by who
    SendClientMessageToAll(0xFFFFFFFF, string); // sends this global message
    return 1;
}
That's about it, you might want to just add the following too.

Tutorial: Command /mutecmds:

This will be a simple command showing the commands available to the player:

pawn Code:
CMD:mutecmds(playerid, params[])
{
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "/mute - Mute a player");
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "/unmute - Unmute a player");
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "/mymute - View your own mute time");
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "/mutelist - View a global list of all the online players who are muted");
    SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFFFFFF, "/unmuteall - Unmute all the players on the server at once");
    return 1;
}
This command will basically send messages to the player stating the commands that are available regarding all the mute stuff, of course, you could just integrate this into your own /help command or whatever.

Messages In This Thread
Making a mute system - by DanishHaq - 25.09.2013, 19:23
Re: Making a mute system - by BoU3A - 25.09.2013, 23:06
Re: Making a mute system - by WLSF - 25.09.2013, 23:13
Re: Making a mute system - by Voxel - 26.09.2013, 07:06
Re: Making a mute system - by DanishHaq - 26.09.2013, 07:14
Re: Making a mute system - by iZN - 26.09.2013, 08:52
Re: Making a mute system - by x96664 - 26.09.2013, 08:54
Re: Making a mute system - by DanishHaq - 26.09.2013, 22:14
Re : Making a mute system - by Matnix - 27.09.2013, 01:32
Re: Re : Making a mute system - by DanishHaq - 27.09.2013, 06:37