Scripting Tutorials

Hello lads,

I've seen many people constantly asking for help with either making scripts or getting to understand the Pawn language themselves so they could make them. In my opinion, the latter is much better, as you will be providing them with the ability for them to expand on that knowledge and continue to improve, possibly making the next big library that everyone uses. Due to this, I am willing to make some video-tutorials, along with a book guide, to get the basics of scripting in the Pawn language with SA:MP. I understand there are many tutorials already floating around these forums (and on ******* already), but they are either out of date, show bad coding habits, don't work due to lack of testing, or are too specific on one area or topic. I would like to create a series that goes from the very basics of setting up the server to being able to create a complex RPG mode.

Before taking the time to do such however, I was wondering how many people would actually like to see and would benefit from the series. It would be driven for someone with absolutely no coding experience. Like mentioned, it would start with basics like setting up servers, but also include vast array of other things. Along with the main series, I would also make an add-on where I would show specific scripts that could be created (only with the material that was already learned, however), such as house or business systems.

Now, you may be wondering, why should I be the one making these videos? Or maybe, who are you to be saying that the tutorials that already exist are not "par material". Well, I have over 4 years scripting experience with SA:MP. I have created very successful scripts in the past which had received great attention. I'm not trying to brag, but I know the difference between inadequate coding practices and efficient ones. Before you draw the wrong picture, I will not be demonstrating ****** or Slice type talent, but just that of what I've learned over the years.

So, if you think you may like to see the series come up and would maybe even like to contribute, let me know! Suggestions on what to add in are always welcome (and in fact a great motivation) among other things. More details to come if this gets good feedback!

nG Inverse

Messages In This Thread
Scripting Tutorials - by nG Inverse - 03.04.2012, 13:11
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by Luis- - 03.04.2012, 13:20
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by jotan. - 03.04.2012, 13:32
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by nG Inverse - 03.04.2012, 13:35
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by freddy smyth - 03.04.2012, 13:38
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by jotan. - 03.04.2012, 13:40
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by freddy smyth - 03.04.2012, 13:42
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by jotan. - 03.04.2012, 13:43
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by iPLEOMAX - 03.04.2012, 14:27
Re: Scripting Tutorials - by PogoMAP - 04.04.2012, 14:29