Music Licensing

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3shys
View Post
SAMP wise I'd stick to radio stations. I wouldn't play songs globally for each player only sound effects. It's pretty stupid to play some random rap song for your intro or whatever if not everyone will like it. Plus songs being repetitive is how you start to not like them.
Quote:

It's pretty stupid to play some random rap song for your intro or whatever if not everyone will like it

In that case should they be playing GTA? GTA has a lot of music and language a LOT of people probably do not like. If a song is relative to a server and you have licensing then I recommend playing the song, that's what a server is all about (or supposed to be anyways, people like you would rather all servers be the same).

Quote:

Plus songs being repetitive is how you start to not like them.

I've been listening to every station on GTA:SA for years now, every song that plays is just nostalgia. Songs being repetitive encourages learning and memory. :P

-------------------------------------------

Now a question I have... If Rockstar has licensing to all of the radio music on the game, would we be allowed to stream these songs to the server legally? Like say I downloaded each song from GTA:SA and made it streamable to the server... would that be illegal since the game already has the licensing? We wouldn't necessarily be ripping it from the game or anything like that. I'm just a bit unclear here myself, I assume the answer resolves around no and maybe but worth the ask.

Messages In This Thread
Music Licensing - by robokopas112 - 02.02.2019, 09:58
Re: Music Licensing - by Proxus - 02.02.2019, 21:19
Re: Music Licensing - by m3shys - 28.02.2019, 04:24
Re: Music Licensing - by m3shys - 02.03.2019, 08:19
Re: Music Licensing - by Crayder - 02.03.2019, 18:05
Re: Music Licensing - by cuber - 02.03.2019, 22:13
Re: Music Licensing - by m3shys - 03.03.2019, 10:48
Re: Music Licensing - by Crayder - 03.03.2019, 14:20