SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug

Hello everybody!

I write this message on behalf of a large online gaming community in Romania, which currently has 5 SA:MP servers (Roleplay Gamemode).

About 2 weeks ago we were facing a serious problem. The samp servers receive certain attacks (I think attacks) and they get some freeze time. By "freeze" I refer to the fact that there is no synchronization between the server and the players... so the players are receiving the message "the server is not responding".
The servers remain freezing for various durations of time, for a few minutes, after which they get back and all players can connect. All this happens while the samp03svr process is not using abusive resources. At the time of "freezing" the servers do not shut down, the processes remain open, they do not get a crash. The problem happens randomly at various times of the day.

What i have already tried:

Server_Log.txt
There is nothing to see there, only:
[part] X left the server...

1. The first time I thought it could be a network attack, so I took a few tools to see if the problem was there. The dedicated server does not lose pings or SSH connections.
2. I checked server_log.txt and I did not see errors there (The server runs with the crashdetect plugin).
3. I checked if there were enough resources dedicated on the attack moment. RAM ok, CPU ok, space on SSD ok.
4. I checked mysql_error.log, everything clean.
5. We put the firewall solution on https://gta-mp.ro/forum/topic/420-vu...-sa-mp-037-r2/, no results...
6. We have disabled server query from server.cfg, the problem was still there...
7. I took server_logs from all the SA:MP servers and I did cross checks to see if there is any common IP connected before the server dropout, nothing suspicious.
8. I've done a few things on the net without a result.
9. I tried a previous version of GM, the problem still existed.
10. We made a log in which we record all commands executed in the idea we can catch something before the drop. The log looks ok and I even tried to type command by command, nothing worked.
11. I sat with the SSH console in front of the drops and did not catch anything suspicious. In the case of an infinite loop I would see the CPU going up (but it was ok).
12. I talked to many people who have DDoS codes, exploits and attacks and no one has any explanation.
13. There are probably other things I've tried and that I do not remember.

Mentions:
- The server runs with crashdetect plugin. There is no error/warning when the server freeze.
- The host has sufficient resources.
- No updates have been made recently to the gamemode, so it can't be considered a programming error.
- The network is always ok.
- No recent plugins have been added and no recent updates have been made to the old ones.

So ... has anyone ever faced a problem of this type recently? Is this a SA:MP exploit? Does anyone have any ideas other than those I've already tried? Thank You!

Don't have a forum account? If you have any answer/suggestion, contact me at: voxfilm13@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Adi007 - 23.04.2018, 08:25
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 26.04.2018, 04:20
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Adi007 - 26.04.2018, 08:40
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by narwn - 26.04.2018, 08:45
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Adi007 - 26.04.2018, 08:55
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 26.04.2018, 09:12
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 26.04.2018, 19:15
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Assish - 26.04.2018, 20:08
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 27.04.2018, 14:10
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 27.04.2018, 17:03
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Logic_ - 28.04.2018, 03:07
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Variable™ - 28.04.2018, 04:11
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Logic_ - 28.04.2018, 04:30
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by xMoBi - 28.04.2018, 07:09
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Kaperstone - 28.04.2018, 14:46
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Spmn - 28.04.2018, 15:15
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 28.04.2018, 17:52
Re: SA:MP Exploit?/Freeze problem/Flood?/Ghost Bug - by Battlezone - 16.05.2018, 20:31