[Tutorial] System Dynamics 101
#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
I think you mean yours actually, since all you do is advertise your project and be a douchebag.
Please guys, that's not the point of the thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
I've skimmed over it and this is actually quite useful. I've found myself doing most of this automatically due to muscle memory since it seemed most logical, but this thread will definitely give some insight to some of the newer scripters that do want to learn more.

Great tutorial!
Thanks. If you wanna go further, you should read "Business Dynamics ; Systems thinking and Modeling for a Complex World", by John D. Sterman. It's a reference book. You can buy it or find a PDF on ******. There's a whole chapter about CLDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
View Post
As you stated that you never learned to code in PAWN, I don't think you're suitable to give advice or a slight insight to people on how a system should be created, or even a gamemode, as you have no prior experience in the "practice" field. Both fields, second one being the theory, is required as to my point of view

Nonetheless, it's too long, not clear and straightforward, and there are typos you should fix. Also, no-one is creating a game here, this is a modification for a game.

I just don't see anyone using this, even less to create a better server, or even a server that is interesting to you.
I didn't code anything, but I designed two gamemodes. So I imagined and described a lot of game mechanics. How they were made into code wasn't my part of the job, I had a partner doing that (even if I had a little idea of what was possible or not).

If your GM are made to be played, then you are making "games", even if SA:MP is a mod. Includes or streamers, or just parts of code aren't ; maybe I should make this clearer in the text.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
System Dynamics 101 for gamemodes design - by Moathib - 07.01.2017, 21:11
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by Yaa - 07.01.2017, 22:06
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by PrO.GameR - 08.01.2017, 13:04
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by SickAttack - 08.01.2017, 13:12
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by Moathib - 08.01.2017, 13:53
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by Dignity - 08.01.2017, 14:17
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by SickAttack - 08.01.2017, 14:57
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by Moathib - 08.01.2017, 15:49
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by PrO.GameR - 08.01.2017, 15:52
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by SickAttack - 08.01.2017, 16:04
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by vassilis - 09.01.2017, 01:21
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by saffierr - 09.01.2017, 04:40
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by Moathib - 09.01.2017, 08:02
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by SyS - 09.01.2017, 11:27
Re: System Dynamics 101 - by SkyFlare - 12.01.2017, 17:52

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)