UpdateVehicleDamageStatus panels and tires values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
God you really go on about it don't you...
Yes, so are you.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I read your post, didn't comment too fast, and yet you were ungrateful at even having anyone look at your thread.
No not at all. I was actually happy that I saw my thread was answered and that someone at least tried to help me.
I don't however appreciate comments that start with a sarcastic intro by implying that I did not search what I needed on ******. A comment that doesn't answer the question asked is worse than no comment at all. This is shown time and time again by the Stack Overflow rating system. A negative rated comment says enough about the answer given. Your post, was equivalent to such an answer.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
"Proven wrong" is actually open to debate... What has been proven though is that you'd rather have the answer handed to you, than actually do ANY work at all.
No not at all. I actually do not advise to give people a complete piece of code on how to do something. Most of the time I will just write out the steps they have to do and link them to the needed documentation. Otherwise, people will not learn anything about programming and logical thinking in general. I do agree with you on that (at least something we agree on I guess) and have also demonstrated in a few of the Scripting Help threads. There is however a difference between asking for a data set and asking for a piece of code. I clearly asked for a data set. There is absolutely no point in setting up the data set myself, when that data set is already available. That is so redundant and time wasting. If the data was available on the wiki there would be no discussion and I wouldn't have created this thread. But it wasn't, it was burried somewhere in the forums and ****** didn't help pointing to the thread that provided it, so I asked for it. If no one knew of such a possible data set, then I would indeed have had to construct it myself, but that was not necessary since someone had already done that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
But you know, your signature shows that you are a hypocrite.
Maybe you think that is the case, but I strongly disagree. When I tell you your post was not the answer I was looking for, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone even clicking on the thread. It means that you did not point me in the right direction of what I needed. My reply could have been less sarcastic probably. But I only replied that way, because yours was as well.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
In the future, when I see you asking, I'll be sure to avoid you due to that.
Please do, I do not like to have pointless discussions like this either. It is wasting time for both of us and we don't benefit from it in any way to continue this, other than that we both want to be right. No point to push this thread to the top of the Scripting Help forums again, which is harmful to not yet answered threads.

This is my last post in this thread, not even going to read other replies, because the correct answer was already given some posts ago and this is just wasting time and forum space. This thread turned into an argument which these forums are not the place to do this.

Messages In This Thread