[DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart?

So I thought I should start a little discussion here.
The question:

"Is it smart to allow your members to donate PayPal money in order to gain advantages in form of in-game money?"

I remember when I was at Project RP's server, and people had like half a billion dollars in the bank and getting a million dollars in interest alone each payday, as a result of people donating a lot of money only to get money in-game.
It might be smart for the admins as they'll get "lots" of cash, but how smart is it really to allow this?
I can't understand how new players will ever come to server where a lot of the users got their bank account filled up with money. Don't they understand that they'll only be that rich if they donate a lot of cash too?
I rarely join servers which allows this kind a advantages. I think it's a form of metagaming to use OOC resources to get resources in-game.

What are your thoughts about this?

Messages In This Thread
[DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart? - by Anarkien - 13.08.2009, 11:29
Re: [DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart? - by ettans - 13.08.2009, 12:37
Re: [DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart? - by Mr187 - 13.08.2009, 13:23
Re: [DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart? - by Think - 14.08.2009, 13:03
Re: [DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart? - by kevinwalter - 14.08.2009, 14:10