SA-MP crashing on connect - various error codes

SOLVED! Solution in post #3 below

Hello,

I'm aware that there is a thread for crashes and exception codes, but none of the ones I'm having issues with are listed there - or anywhere for that matter, as I have searched them all.

My issue is that when I try to connect to a server, the SA-MP loading screen loads, and then crashes when it switches to the "connecting to server" screen. This happens on every server that I've tried so far.

I don't have any mods of any kind, and never have.

I last played SA-MP a maximum of 5 days ago, so it has to be something that I have done to my computer within the last 5 days, but I haven't intentionally made any changes so I have no idea what could be wrong, and need some suggestions.

Things I have tried:

- reinstalling SA-MP
- reinstalling GTA SA
- renaming the directory
- launching from a different directory with a clean SA-MP install
- deleting gta_sa.set
- changing resolution from outside the game
- running in compatibility mode for xp and 98
- running SA-MP as admin
- running GTA SA as admin
- running both as admin
- running the Steam version with the patch
- turning off the anti-virus
- scanning the system with an anti-virus (nothing found)
- updating graphics card drivers

I have tried pretty much everything that anyone on this forum (and others) has ever listed.

It did work after restarting my computer, but then after I quit SA-MP and tried to rejoin an hour later, it no longer worked. I'm sure it'd work if I restarted again, but I'm not restarting my computer every time I want to play SA-MP.

It gives me a different error code each time. These are the ones I have so far:

Exception at address:
0x05BE7FA7
0x06107FA2
0x063A7FA2
0x061E7FA4
0x064D7FA4
0x05A47FA2
0x06357FA7
0x06407FA4
0x05D0FEE0
0x05A682E2
0x05A182E2
0x05BD82E7
0x05BD82E7
0x059E82E8

(I retried a lot of times in hopes of getting an error code that someone else had posted, but none of these are documented).

I should also note that a similar issue is happening with Counter-Strike:GO (the only other game I've tried so far) which I played 24 hours ago, so I'm assuming it is a PC issue rather than a SA-MP issue (admins feel free to move thread if necessary) but I'm hoping that someone can provide suggestions as to what the issue actually is.

I would really rather not have to do a system restore, and especially not a reformat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED] SA-MP crashing on connect - various error codes - by Potassium - 12.01.2015, 08:53
Re: SA-MP crashing on connect - various error codes - by Kapersky™ - 12.01.2015, 09:58
Re: SA-MP crashing on connect - various error codes - by Potassium - 12.01.2015, 21:22