Occasional "Stutter" When playing samp.

1. Before you do anything else, tell us your CPU speed.
2. After that, check your usage right now (by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc, look at the bottom of the window).
If it averages less than 50%, you should be fine to continue to the next step.
3. As soon as you note that usage go play GTA/SAMP, note the new average CPU usage (it should not be any different, GTA does not use much CPU). If it has risen a lot, I don't know what your problem is.
4. Order the process list (on the 'processes' tab) list on the task manager by CPU usage (by clicking on the 'CPU' column tag). Take note of the processes at the very top, if it seems a few (or one) processes are hogging your processor then close the program using the most (only if it is not a 'System' process or 'Local Service'). Repeat the steps until you find out which program is causing the stutter.

When a processor's usage reaches ~95-100% the computer will kinda freeze whatever is currently open until it catches back up with itself. Common problem I have with the 'winlogon.exe' process on my computer, but of course I have no control over this process because it is a system process so I have to reboot everytime it starts hogging my processor.

Messages In This Thread