Understandable password hash

Hey. Last night I was scripting the login and register part of my gamemode and I came across thia idea that could somehow become useful.

Is it possible to create an "understandable password hash"? Well, I'm pretty sure you didn't understand what I meant with that. I'll explain the idea. We have this hashed password:

[H][U][6][6][9][N][A][3]
Each letter represents a number. If the user's password is password, we can then understand this:

Код:
P = H;
A = U;
S = 6;
S = 6;
W = 9;
O = N;
R = A;
D = 3;
My idea was to create a system that allows the scripter to choose whichever symbol/letter/number represents a certain letter of the actual password. It'd be set in a .ini file, where the scripter could set the ensemble to represent a certain letter. Actual password numbers would be inside curly brackets. So If our password was to be "password9", it'd show on the player's scriptfiles file like this:

[H][U][6][6][9][N][A][3](9)
The .ini file I talked about earlier could look like the one found below, allowing easy user costumization:

Код:
// upasshash.ini
//Change to fit your likings.

A = [U];
B = [950];
C = [LK];
D = [OIU83];
This is just an idea I'd like to get going and a possible challenge for those who really know a lot of this programming language. I don't know if it's possible, but it could come handy sometime for the server owner.

Messages In This Thread
Understandable password hash - by Twizted - 12.04.2014, 11:10
Re: Understandable password hash - by Ada32 - 12.04.2014, 11:14
Re: Understandable password hash - by Vince - 12.04.2014, 11:18
Re: Understandable password hash - by Twizted - 12.04.2014, 11:19
Re: Understandable password hash - by gtakillerIV - 12.04.2014, 11:22
Re: Understandable password hash - by Lordzy - 12.04.2014, 11:23
Re: Understandable password hash - by Twizted - 12.04.2014, 11:24
Re: Understandable password hash - by Twizted - 12.04.2014, 11:32