Password hash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtakillerIV
Посмотреть сообщение
Like others have stated, there's no way to retrive that password unless you use a program/website to do this. Which ruins the purpose of hashing. I hope you know why we hash sensitive data.

Just change the password and then tell him to use a command like /changepass(if you have one).
If you don't have the "/changepass" command, then please post here variables and other things in regards to player files, so then we can assist you in creating one.

Simple fact of hashing is to stop people getting passwords and such, look what happened to PSN (PlayStation Network), when they got hacked.. Millions of passwords were found out, just because they wasn't hashed. That's bad security for your server and I know for a fact, that if I saw a post off somebody who was developing a server I was playing on was attempting to reverse-hash a password, I'd never play on there again, along with making sure that they get reported and listed for foul-play.

I'm not accusing you of this, but it's just a bit suspicious. If you create a command for just you in your script which is "/changeuserpass" so you can change a players password in future incase of them forgetting it, then you tell them to login and "/changepass" to their own specific one, you'd never have this issue arise.

Messages In This Thread
Password hash - by Nahin - 20.03.2014, 23:01
AW: Password hash - by Macronix - 20.03.2014, 23:06
Re: Password hash - by Abagail - 20.03.2014, 23:08
Re: Password hash - by Nahin - 21.03.2014, 12:48
Re: Password hash - by Matess - 21.03.2014, 12:54
Re: Password hash - by Nahin - 12.04.2014, 10:49
Re: Password hash - by gtakillerIV - 12.04.2014, 10:54
Re: Password hash - by iGetty - 12.04.2014, 11:00
Re: Password hash - by Vince - 12.04.2014, 11:08