NPCs kicking players

Excuse for the necropost plus the double post but I found out what the problem was and I just wanted to leave the answer here in case somebody runs into this post with the same problem.

It seems to be a problem with the router. I found out this while trying to play Gunz Online, this game uses a server to host the lobby, updates and rooms, but the players are actually connected to each other and not through the server. I was unable to play because for some reason players were not receiving my data, so I was a standing still model in the rooms without even knowing it.

Not only you have to port forward the game in order to be able to send and receive data from players but there are some routers (like mine) that also have some kind of security check that is blocking the data. I don't really know how but by trying out everything I could on the router's admin panel I finally got to unblock that thing.

My suggestion: keep touching and tweaking the router's admin panel options until it magically solves the problem.

Greetings.

Messages In This Thread
NPCs kicking players from server - by 6Dragon6 - 30.06.2013, 13:07
Re: NPCs kicking players - by FShiwani - 30.06.2013, 15:27
Re: NPCs kicking players - by 6Dragon6 - 30.06.2013, 15:33
Re: NPCs kicking players - by 6Dragon6 - 28.03.2014, 21:36