Dialog before class selection

This has been driving me crazy ever since I started work on my Cops 'n' Robbers script.

If you show a dialog or toggle the player spectating when they connect, they will go to class selection only when they close the dialog or if spectating is toggled off. That's all fine and dandy and I need it that way so I can show the login/register dialogs and the team dialog following that, because I use Y_Classes to show different sets of skins for Cops and Crooks.

Now, when you spectate or show a dialog before class selection, it messes up the F4 button. If you don't spectate or show a dialog and just let the player straight to class selection, F4 works fine. If you do show a dialog or spectate beforehand, when the player spawns after class selection pressing F4 doesn't show the "Returning to class selection..." message until you die and it sends you to class selection twice.

The only way around this is to kill the player on their first spawn, which is easy enough to do, but I notice a lot of servers have it working fine without killing the player and they use dialogs and spectate before class selection and they use the standard class selection and dialogs; nothing custom.

I would really like this feature to work without having to kill the player on the first spawn. Right now to hide the death, I simply move the camera away so you cant hear the death sound and if you move the player after they die, they respawn instantly, so it looks pretty much like a normal spawn but then there are extra deaths in the logs and you have to do some annoying stuff with timers and a bunch of code to get everything to work and sometimes the timers are off a bit and cause glitches during the spawn.

I was thinking it may be caused by an include I was using, possibly Y_Classes or Y_Groups, but if you take the blank script and compile it with a dialog when the player connects, it causes the glitch, so it's a SAMP issue. There are servers with it fixed and I can't find a single useful thread on fixing it. I've spent days searching for a fix and trying to fix it myself.

PLEASE help. I don't want to use custom textdraw dialogs or anything like that.

Messages In This Thread
Dialog before class selection - by admiralspeedy - 23.02.2014, 23:38
Re: Dialog before class selection - by MP2 - 24.02.2014, 00:43
Re: Dialog before class selection - by admiralspeedy - 24.02.2014, 01:53
Re: Dialog before class selection - by Threshold - 24.02.2014, 03:33
Re: Dialog before class selection - by AceFlyer - 24.02.2014, 04:00
Re: Dialog before class selection - by Threshold - 24.02.2014, 06:04
Re: Dialog before class selection - by AceFlyer - 24.02.2014, 06:46
Re: Dialog before class selection - by MP2 - 24.02.2014, 07:05
Re: Dialog before class selection - by Threshold - 24.02.2014, 15:40
Re: Dialog before class selection - by admiralspeedy - 24.02.2014, 21:31