Should a government be allowed to spy your net activities?

Bumping this with my own comment, seriously pissed off at the cockiness of the USA's & the UK's security services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]IKKE
Посмотреть сообщение
What politicians are afraid of here (Belgium) and what happened before in former American programs, is economical spying. Don't have a certain valuable technique? Just scan the blueprints out of the company data and make it in your own country!

You can say that they are not allowed to do so. But that's where we get to my personal view. First of all, there is no control over this program. Maybe there is in the USA, but MY government cannot check what the USA is looking for, what data they use and on what purpose. There is not a single source outside of the USA which can check what the data is used for. All we have are words, and I honestly don't trust the USA enough with their words.
http://gigaom.com/2014/02/01/nsa-and...rapher-report/

The NSA has infected the home computer of an internationally reputed cryptographer, who is not even close to any terroristic activities. This is the first known case of a single person getting aimed at by the NSA since the Snowden leaks. I hope the people of the USA will now stand up against these practices, there is NOT A SINGLE WAY to justify spying on scientists under the cover of National Security! We're your ALLIES, USA & UK, so why in God's name do you feel the need to be such a fucking cunt towards us?

Messages In This Thread