Creating a Linux user with no specific home directory..

If you don't know the Linux operating system, please don't comment (unless you can link me to something good).

Basically, I have someone developing my community's user control panel and they are currently working out of my website's root directory- meaning they have access to the forum and everything. I would prefer if they didn't have this access so I have been attempting to find a way to restrict their permissions so they can only access the files/folders that they have been "chowned" to. The "owner" has to be apache, but the group can be anything.

Can someone guide me into doing this the correct way?

Obviously for the time being I can create a new directory called "controlpanel" and set that as the user's home directory so they only have access to those files/folders, but it's not really what I wanted to do!

Messages In This Thread
Creating a Linux user with no specific home directory.. - by Scenario - 29.06.2013, 18:50
Re: Creating a Linux user with no specific home directory.. - by TheChimpJr - 29.06.2013, 19:01
Re: Creating a Linux user with no specific home directory.. - by GWMPT - 29.06.2013, 19:16
Re: Creating a Linux user with no specific home directory.. - by Scenario - 29.06.2013, 20:00
Re: Creating a Linux user with no specific home directory.. - by Scenario - 29.06.2013, 20:42