How to Roleplay(For new people)

Let's review some flaws...

Quote:

MetaGaming(MG) - Talking OOC in an IC situation.

No. Meta-gaming is when you're using OOC information IC (generally for some form of benefit). So for example, you're an administrator on the server and during your spectating rounds (when you go through and spec random players), you happen to see one of your gang members is being spied on by the police.

If you go and tell your gang member that they're ICly being spied on, YOU are meta-gaming.

Quote:

PowerGaming(PG) - Doing something that cannot be done in real life. For example - /me turns into iron man.-Blowing up the universe.

That's not generally what the term "power-gaming" is referring to. Simply put, you can't just /me hits John in the face knocking him out cold

Due to the way that we must RP in SA:MP (using commands), you have to give someone a chance to /me ducks if you /me throws a punch directly towards John's nose

Quote:

KillingOnSight(KOS) - This is associated with DMing. Randomly killing everyone you see. Or in you're sight.

This term is over used by the servers which use GF and NGG edits and is complete nonsense. It depends on the server you're playing out exactly how you can kill people, or really, how often. If a server allows someone to be a mass murderer, then that character WOULD go around killing people. However, typically, most servers don't allow such behavior as it only gives someone the ability to go around DMing, but with an "IC reason."

Quote:

CarRaming(CK, But there are other meanings for CK) - Attempting to physically hurt, Kill, Or just knock them down. This is a form of Non-rp.

No, no, no. Car-ramming is NOT a form of character-killing. It would be when another player is using their car to continually ram into other characters and/or other vehicles. However, again, this is one of those terms coined by GF and NGG edit servers.

--

Lastly, /do is not to be used like this: /do S/F? (meaning success or fail, after performing a /me). /do is a way to describe the enviornment around you/other characters. For example, you just killed someone and the cops show up. You would say /do There is a body laying face down with three bullet wounds in its back.

Or, in your example: /do You WOULD hear the lighter.

No, if I'm not close enough to you, I'm not going to hear anything from a lighter. The correct usage of doing that /do (even though it's absolutely pointless) would be /do You might hear the sound from the lighter.

Messages In This Thread
How to Roleplay(For new people) - by BreezyLyve - 19.03.2013, 19:27
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by Scenario - 19.03.2013, 19:36
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by Blast3r - 19.03.2013, 19:53
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by BreezyLyve - 19.03.2013, 20:07
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by Wennicke - 19.03.2013, 20:54
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by Vince - 23.08.2017, 15:32
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by Paulice - 23.08.2017, 15:35
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by cuber - 23.08.2017, 17:08
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by rt-2 - 29.08.2017, 00:28
Re: How to Roleplay(For new people) - by Paulice - 29.08.2017, 02:16