ACCURATE and CORRECT GetVehicleSpeed with MPH and KM/H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
I need a speed function based on an OBJECT's (a vehicle) velocity (METERS (units) PER SECOND). The calculation would be EXACTLY the same for working out the MPH of an object being moved with MoveObject(). It has NOTHING to do with max speeds or vehicles.

What is the '179.28625' for?
Then why do you keep implying that most GetVehicleSpeed functions are inaccurate? There are enough of them around which use the velocity, yet you say they are inaccurate. Even though they use the exact method described by you. Weird, don't you think?
If you want the accurate speed, calculate it without 'magic number', you'll get the exact speed the vehicle is driving. But are they accurate in relation to the actual world? No. Even though you'll have an accurate function, your cars will be driving unrealistic speeds.

And for the '179.28625', that's the magic number you need to turn the 'accurate velocity speeds' into 'accurate real life speeds'. The problem is, and I've explained it before, is that there is no magic number that works for ALL vehicles.

You can keep on searching all you want. Until you do what I told you in the first reply, you won't have an accurate speed function.

Messages In This Thread