DOS/DDOS-like attack but only for SAMP server?

I've not had a good reputation with you, but I'll try and help out.

If you're running on Windows Server 2008, you should be able to enable network logging and view it through the Event Logs, make sure you're logging the correct network adapter that your server is using for SA:MP.
If you're running on Linux, you can netstat for current connections.

Both logging methods will show connections to the adapter, even if it's not going through the handshake with the server application.

If you're able to get into the server's window, try doing some basic RCON commands to see if the process is hanging or it's a network attack. It's most likely not to be a DDoS/DoS attack if only one process is hanging though it could be many connections that don't cause network load but it'll act as fake connected players.

If that's the case, there's many includes you can put into a filterscript or gamemode to stop any "incoming connection" attacks but I'm afraid I'm unable to find a link to a thread.

If nothing works, contact the datacenter/host for a complete network log list from a time range and they'll happily try and grab one from a junction network adapter.

Messages In This Thread
DOS/DDOS-like attack but only for SAMP server? - by Westingham - 30.07.2012, 13:28
Re: DOS/DDOS-like attack but only for SAMP server? - by Silentfood - 30.07.2012, 13:50
Re: DOS/DDOS-like attack but only for SAMP server? - by CrossUSAAF - 30.07.2012, 13:51
Re: DOS/DDOS-like attack but only for SAMP server? - by Akira297 - 31.07.2012, 01:01
Re: DOS/DDOS-like attack but only for SAMP server? - by Westingham - 31.07.2012, 02:37