08.03.2012, 21:58
Just a short little test video displaying what can be done with the new camera functions!
I crash a lot, I know!
It's hard to get used to the camera angles but I eventually figured the camera position moves around the vehicle in a sphere shape and is controlled with the mouse.
When the car is moving away from the Source Point (at the centre of the airfield) the camera position wants to be at the front of the car, and vice versa for when it's moving away and everything in between!
It gets good around half way through, there's some nice shots of the car, I'm not a pro but I can imagine this technique being used on a drift or racing video in the future!
Also I apologize for the music! I forgot it was one and I didn't know it would be recorded :P
It'll probably get muted for copyright anyways.
If you're interested the band is "Hurt" and the song is "Velvet Rolls Royce"
Youtube Description:
I crash a lot, I know!
It's hard to get used to the camera angles but I eventually figured the camera position moves around the vehicle in a sphere shape and is controlled with the mouse.
When the car is moving away from the Source Point (at the centre of the airfield) the camera position wants to be at the front of the car, and vice versa for when it's moving away and everything in between!
It gets good around half way through, there's some nice shots of the car, I'm not a pro but I can imagine this technique being used on a drift or racing video in the future!
Also I apologize for the music! I forgot it was one and I didn't know it would be recorded :P
It'll probably get muted for copyright anyways.
If you're interested the band is "Hurt" and the song is "Velvet Rolls Royce"
Youtube Description:
These new features make it possible to interpolate camera positions (client sided) to make camera movements nice and smooth!
For those who are unsure on what 'Interpolate' means it basically means to estimate a value between two points based on previous data, so if the camera moved in an arc shape the next position to move would be along the line of that arc rather than some straight line.
These are great for creating cutsscenes, recording racing and drifting and just general gameplay features that make features nice and polished!
I can't wait to see what people are doing with this new feature! Enjoy

