Thoughts on roleplay?

After a while I've changed and started playing A BIT of roleplay (sounds hypocritical since I hated it), though I'm so damn bored now-a-days, not even scripting for my server helps (due being that it's finished, just needs ideas). Each week I post a update, since I don't want to trash the server straight up (15+ players) but anyway, don't mind that.

I think roleplay in it's current state is corrupt, I'll tell you the reasons why:
  • Refunds - Damn, they refund you millions.
  • Ban if you don't donate - Some ultimately corrupt ones.
  • Free platinum V.I.P - Most likely to be a NGG edit.
  • Careless admins - On servers with more then 10 players.
  • DMing festival - On servers with more then 10 players.
  • 3/4 of all roleplay servers don't have a development team - nor a admin team.
  • Moderately, they give admin to players after 15 minutes of playing - Bam, bans me and everyone in the server.
  • Hard/Scrict RP + Refunds = CORRUPT
What you can do:
  • Don't spoil the game by giving players everything, you wont get players that way.
  • Don't ban a player if they can't donate - They will donate if they think the server is suitable for a donation (being fun)
  • Don't spoil the game with V.I.P - Again.
  • I know this sounds pretty stupid, though do have admins care. This helps the player know what they're doing inside the server. They don't want to be playing anything and be ignored.
  • STOP DMING.
  • Grow a development team.
  • Don't give admin straight away, that's stupid.
  • Don't refund if it's a strict/hard roleplay since it makes your server corrupt and so boring.
Worst Example: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=317626

Very useless topic, though would be nice to fetch some opinions since this archive could supposedly help these roleplay servers with their server.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on roleplay? - by Lorenc_ - 12.02.2012, 20:17
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by Slappybay - 12.02.2012, 20:22
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by ca2k - 12.02.2012, 20:23
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by Scones - 12.02.2012, 21:13
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by HighFlyer - 12.02.2012, 21:58
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by BleverCastard - 12.02.2012, 22:10
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by Swyft™ - 12.02.2012, 22:33
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by Vince - 12.02.2012, 22:50
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by Smithy - 12.02.2012, 22:51
Re: Thoughts on roleplay? - by BleverCastard - 12.02.2012, 23:15