Moving a camera in context to the current angle

Hi.
Basically what I want to achieve is to move my player's camera along a RELATIVE x/y plane, rather than along a global x/y plane.

What do I mean?

Well... the variables you set for camera movement are all in relativity to the map. What I want to be able to do is produce a value for x that's always left/right of the camera, and a value for y that's always infront/behind the camera.

I'm sure there's a fancy formula out there somewhere to achieve this, I'm wondering if anyone's ever heard of it.

This camera will have a constant downwards velocity and it will be controllable as it heads towards the ground, HOWEVER I do not want the camera to rotate its view nor do I want it to move in a 3-dimentional way
(You could liken this camera to a predator missile on CoD, it will give you an example of what i've created.)

Messages In This Thread
Moving a camera in context to the current angle - by Rob_Maate - 30.11.2011, 23:35
Re: Moving a camera in context to the current angle - by Rob_Maate - 01.12.2011, 23:40
Re: Moving a camera in context to the current angle - by Thresholdold - 01.12.2011, 23:52
Re: Moving a camera in context to the current angle - by Rob_Maate - 01.12.2011, 23:56
Re: Moving a camera in context to the current angle - by Thresholdold - 01.12.2011, 23:59
Re: Moving a camera in context to the current angle - by Rob_Maate - 02.12.2011, 00:15