Why do a lot of people/servers use GF Edits?

I have had a few issues with GF, mainly:

1) Each GF edit I, personally have played n have all been very similar. The Gameplay usually is so similar that its kinda boring because each server has no difference

2) Old methods, like you say are terrible. I love helping people but its annoying when they are using Strtok for the cmd processor, dini for saving accounts etc. The biggest problem is that by using these old methods, it is keeping them alive and people are practising using them. They need to make scripts with better methods of scripting and maybe mysql so they are learning the new features of Pawn and databasing. Not to mention these methods are slow and ineffective in comparison to our standards now.

3) New servers are taking GF, making a few minor adjustments and then advertising the server as a "unique script". This makes it hard for people who are making actual Unique scripts (GF edits + non gf edits) and trying to advertise for players.

Overall, I don't mind GF but I am just wondering why people use it. When I use to use it, it was because I didn't want to make all the housing, families, factions systems etc. But now that I am not as lazy as I use to be, I realise that its a lot more fun and not as hard as I thought to make all these systems. Also, when you create your own script you can be creative with it and do whatever you like. + It gives you the advantage to fix bugs or add features in the future because you know the script from top to bottom...

Messages In This Thread
Why do a lot of people/servers use GF Edits? - by DarrenReeder - 14.04.2011, 23:59
Re: Why do a lot of people/servers use GF Edits? - by Scenario - 15.04.2011, 00:06
Re: Why do a lot of people/servers use GF Edits? - by admantis - 15.04.2011, 00:08
Re: Why do a lot of people/servers use GF Edits? - by DarrenReeder - 15.04.2011, 00:17