How to make more people enter my server?

I've just taken a look at your Server Advertisement:

Quote:

Vinewood roleplay, SA:MP server with dedicated host, has come to stay!

Server IP: <Omitted>
Forums: <Omitted>

Enter now for 250k!
Looking for faction leaders

Straight off I'll explain a few problems with your advertisement. First of all, it lacks formatting, it doesn't look nice, use colors, images and so on! Another problem is that you haven't actually provided much information at all in the advertisment, what you want to provide are reasons why people should come to your server and not someone else's server. What are you providing that other servers don't provide, what's unique about you?

With that said, giving people 250k is not very professional, you want everyone to start out low and start out the same, if you give everything to them at the start, there's nothing for them to work at. They could easily download a roleplay script from these forums, make themselves admin and give themselves a few billion in-game dollars, so what's so special about you giving them money?

Another problem is that you're using a free domain and free website hosting, which people just dislike in general. It shows a lack of professionality, and it makes the people feel less secure about the server they are playing on!

So think about what I've said, now I'm not saying I'm right and the all godly knowing, but I can say that I've seen hundreds of servers over the years in the same situation, I've seen which servers succeeded and why/how they succeeded, and the stuff I've mentioned are just a small pre-portion of what you need to make a big, successful server.

I hope that helps you, and good luck

Messages In This Thread
How to make more people enter my server? - by ghoward - 19.03.2011, 13:16
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by XFlawless - 19.03.2011, 13:17
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by Robtuner - 19.03.2011, 14:02
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by DirtyLilFreak - 19.03.2011, 14:04
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by JaTochNietDan - 19.03.2011, 14:34
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by XFlawless - 19.03.2011, 14:43
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by Marty_Alex - 19.03.2011, 18:03
Re: How to make more people enter my server? - by JaTochNietDan - 19.03.2011, 18:11