SA-MP 0.3.7 RC (now released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubiPL
Посмотреть сообщение
Globally created objects are same as per-player but for everybody. You can do stuff on global objects with player objects functions, but results will only be shown for that player. Same with streamer, it create per player objects.
So he is correct, although the GetPlayerSurfingObjectID looks like it isn't working for player objects, as he tested. It's weird that it works, two IDs can be for global objects and player objects too. You have to know exactly at what kind of object that player is looking (and other things for other functions). The global objects and player objects should be separated, each with its own function version. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI
Посмотреть сообщение
So he is correct, although the GetPlayerSurfingObjectID looks like it isn't working for player objects, as he tested. It's weird that it works, two IDs can be for global objects and player objects too. You have to know exactly at what kind of object that player is looking (and other things for other functions). The global objects and player objects should be separated, each with its own function version. :\
I like that they are together, but it would be better with an identification function (GetObjectType(objectid) returns OBJECT_TYPE_PLAYER or OBJECT_TYPE_GLOBAL).

Another month for RC3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI
Посмотреть сообщение
The surfing code used for objects is not used for player objects if your trying to get the player to surf player objects your doing it wrong until that is updated in SAMP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salva2000
Посмотреть сообщение
Another month for RC3?
Now that a large server has updated to RC2, we should expect faster updates hopefully.

A GetObjectType function isn't really possible - since player objects require a specific player ID. However, it'd be better to add a parameter for objectype and playerid(if applicable) if it's not it's own function.

I'll try to add GetObjectType(playerid, objectid) into YSF r12.

Anyway don't ask for next RC, more time = more updates.

Good Work Kalcor.

I don't know why people are complaining about how long it takes for the next RC or the actual release as you noticed from RC1 to RC2 is a lot of updates I rather wait longer and have more updates compared to the older venisons of SAMP where each RC only had a fix or two and maybe one extra update.

Hold your horses and relax and don't complain and be glad if there is updates on the way instead of once this is released waiting likely almost a year or so for any other actual updates.

the level of stupidity in this thread is real

Neat!

Am I the only one having problems with 0.3.7 RC2 of getting the game working? Everytime I try to connect, the singleplayer is loading. Unistalling, installing 0.3z R2 and sa-mp works just fine. Unistalling again and back to 0.3.7 RC2 and singleplayer keeps loading.

Does anybody have any way to fix it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos
View Post
Am I the only one having problems with 0.3.7 RC2 of getting the game working? Everytime I try to connect, the singleplayer is loading. Unistalling, installing 0.3z R2 and sa-mp works just fine. Unistalling again and back to 0.3.7 RC2 and singleplayer keeps loading.

Have you tried any of these Konstantinos?

SA-MP Common Problems - Single Player loads instead of SA:MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiresJason
View Post
Have you tried any of these Konstantinos?

SA-MP Common Problems - Single Player loads instead of SA:MP
Yes, that was the first thing I checked and since the 0.3z R2 client version works without problems there's something else that causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos
View Post

I got some similar issues

Sometimes when I connect with 0.3.7 RC2 the singleplayer is loading, that does not happen when i use 0.3z R2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra
View Post
I got some similar issues

Sometimes when I connect with 0.3.7 RC2 the singleplayer is loading, that does not happen when i use 0.3z R2
Samethings happens with me, alot of time, i have to uninstall samp, removing all gta files, creating new folder with new name and install gta there, and then install samp again , only happening in 0.3.7, all other version works good for me :3

One month per RC, this is leading nowhere, tell us why you started with developing new version if you don't have enough time, enthusiasm or whatever?
Matite did great job, respect for hours and hours of work, but Kalcor you become very lazy, community is trying to help you with fixes, with developing new things but you are not allowing us to do so, you are not listening to our needs, so we expect from you much more effort, or simply give us more options like (link) or at the end open source. Then go and do whatever you want to do if you are bored with SAMP, there are people out here who want to make SAMP even better. Don't get me wrong, SAMP is great MP modification for GTA, you did great work, but we all see that you are not interested in SAMP like at the beginning so you need to do something to change that, we want SAMP to keep growing!

It's his mod, he does whatever he wants, and it's fine. Yeah it's taking longer than usual, but by talks like that it won't come out any faster. It's been told SA-MP is not yet ready for 0.4 so don't get your expectations too high for this version. I just wish all bugs from previous versions would be fixed, not only the ones from 0.3.7

Anyone got a list of the new objects/screens of the new skins?

Does anyone know why there is a collision in area 51 if you remove the buildings (there are one object)?
I want to use the new objects from RC3, but i cant enter because of the collision