AddPlayerClass bug

I am adding new skin models the AddPlayerClass but see the CJ skin in OnPlayerRequestClass

Custom skins can only be used with SetPlayerSkin().

Can I use the custom skins for NPC?

You probably can yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
View Post
Will AddPlayerClass support custom skins later on?

Quote:
View Post
Can we add the new custom models to preview textdraw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
View Post
Will AddPlayerClass support custom skins later on?
Maybe. I think most serious servers are using SetSpawnInfo/SetPlayerSkin. AddPlayerClass is a leftover from SA-MP 0.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admireal
View Post
Can we add the new custom models to preview textdraw?
Yeah, that works.

Quote:
View Post
Maybe. I think most serious servers are using SetSpawnInfo/SetPlayerSkin. AddPlayerClass is a leftover from SA-MP 0.1.

Yeah, that works.
Do you know why in class selection if you use SetPlayerSkin with a custom model, it goes to a default off duty cop from 0.3.7 (I'm assuming it shows the base model index)?

(yes 25003 is valid)

I don't think custom skins are going to play well with the old class selection system. I might fix it before release. A more modern way to do skin selection is through model previews:

Quote:
View Post
I don't think custom skins are going to play well with the old class selection system. I might fix it before release. A more modern way to do skin selection is through model previews:
The weird thing is though, I can normally use a /skin command in selection and it'd work perfectly, but for some reason it does not like SetPlayerSkin w custom in OnPlayerRequestClass

using /skin

EDIT:
I fixed this by using a 50ms timer to set the player skin.

Quote:
View Post

Yeah, that works.
If AddPlayerClass is a leftover from 0.1 on my opinion there should be a function to disable the class system and if someone joins the server they should spawn directly if this function is enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshncool
View Post
The weird thing is though, I can normally use a /skin command in selection and it'd work perfectly, but for some reason it does not like SetPlayerSkin w custom in OnPlayerRequestClass

using /skin

EDIT:
I fixed this by using a 50ms timer to set the player skin.
Or you can use switch on "classid" under "OnPlayerRequestClass" and SetPlayerSkin accordingly in callback. No need for timer.

Quote:
View Post
You need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
View Post
Or you can use switch on "classid" under "OnPlayerRequestClass" and SetPlayerSkin accordingly in callback. No need for timer.
This came close but it doesn't work. Instead, it gives the old cop from 3.7 like mention earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admigo
View Post
If AddPlayerClass is a leftover from 0.1 on my opinion there should be a function to disable the class system and if someone joins the server they should spawn directly if this function is enabled.
You can enable spectate mode in OnPlayerRequestClass to "disable" it.