SA-MP 0.3.8 RC (cancelled -> 0.3.DL)

WoooW! Very good! I wait for linux version!!!

Very good Kalcor!

I think that I speak for the most of us who want to get (really) deep into testing these new features that we absolutely can't wait for a Linux build of these release candidates.

If these release candidates are available I will move my server over immediately, since the codebase I'm working on is kinda trying to be "Bleeding-Edge" in the development cycle.

Well, but crash when entering bare game mode :c I reported this error, help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksicnm
Посмотреть сообщение
Someone deleted my topic..

Peoples can add FAKE EXTENSION RAT file and infect your PC, be WARN!
How could someone infect your PC with TXD / DFF files lol are you kidding us? stop spreading dramas and false informations.

Note: All those who are getting crashes in the newest (test) version make sure you have a clean version of GTA:SA and of-course the right "crack" gta-sa.exe (1.0 US / EU).

Note-2 (beginners): The newest version ( 0.3.8 ) is not compability with 0.3.7 servers yet until the whole 0.3.8 will be final released and all servers converted to 0.3.8 from 0.3.7.

Question: Why would SA-MP slots should be increased when you can simple create multiple servers? This way will decrease the RAM / CAPACITY usages and it will be less lags. Imagine 5000 in same place when admins will goto them all XD

Just how secure is the storage of downloaded models? Could I just get them and easily reverse engineer them for personal use, or how does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx]
Посмотреть сообщение
Just how secure is the storage of downloaded models? Could I just get them and easily reverse engineer them for personal use, or how does it work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
How custom models work in SA-MP
... When a player connects, they are given a list of all models used by the server. Players will download models as required and store them by CRC in a 'cache' folder. Every server the player connects to has a seperate model cache. The local cache is located under: Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP\cache followed by the server's IP.Port.
It is really described in the OP.

I like the update but I’m thinking if we don’t lose the ensence of the game you preserve for several years.

Anyway this changes too the way how the objects are stored for client?

I hope to see more on this update.

Thanks

Custom TXD files would be a nice addition, that way we could make nice GUI's
Also capturing keystokes would also be nice (to avoid input dialogs)

I can't wait for those "OMFG IT DOESN'T WORK" in scripting help when they overload the client with so many objects/skins that it simply makes them crash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
I can't wait for those "OMFG IT DOESN'T WORK" in scripting help when they overload the client with so many objects/skins that it simply makes them crash...
OMFG IT DOESN'T WORK

I just made a video by testing my custom skins and a custom police booth mod xD. I also opened a tested server if you want to test out together let me know in personal message.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h85D...ature=*********

Thanks for this update. I immediately decided to do something:
https://*********/f6pSRF3pPA4

Nice, thank you @Kalcor !

I never thought that you would introduce downloads into SAMP.
This Update is one of my favorites, there just need to be security mechanics like checking files for malware or smth (external upload or new file format that compiles into clean code or smth).

There is just one essential thing that is needed in SAMP: CEF instead of Textdraws. Or Keys-Checks as well as Mouse-Click & Position check, .txd files and font (support special characters like "@§...") download AND a much huger Textdraw Limit. (Maybe also the possibility of downloading a custom map.) With this help, i can finish my GUI-System and Colorpicker. Currently, its not possible to create smth like this because of this limit and the performance (a great amount of Textdraws starts flashing).

Thanks again

I have a small feature request for 0.3.8 RC-2.

It would be great if there was a function to re-hash all the model files.
The model files don't get rehashed on GMX, and I'd love to rehash the model files every time I restart the gamemode (via a GMX).

@Kalcor,
What does the mtu parameter do in server.cfg, what role does it play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romz
View Post
@Kalcor,
What does the mtu parameter do in server.cfg, what role does it play?
I am not sure if this is related to your answer but i believe it's the same definition (if not Kye pls tell us):

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg..._diagnosis.htm ( Type F3 and write MTU )

TIRE MTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I EXPECTED SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

Nice one dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357
View Post
Can I create textdraw with images from my pc?
As on the registrations of servers on MTA.
Nope, you are just able to use build-in .txd files as Textured Textdraws. The currently only one possible way is to create .txd files and add them to samp (so on, every client needs to do this).

So i suggested smth here and here